Google Assistant/Google Home WYZE Vacuum Integration

Yes please! Would be wonderful to ask home assistant app to start or stop cleaning.

Ready for google support!

I can’t believe that this hasn’t been implemented yet. My entry-level, 2-yr-old Roomba has had since day 1.

1 Like

I wonder if Wyze has some sort of deal struck with Amazon. Am I right in thinking that most (maybe all?) Wyze products have Alexa integration right at launch, and then Google Home integration only comes months and months later?

At any rate, I love my Wyze Vacuum, and would absolutely love Google Home integration!

5 Likes

You have my vote

1 Like

And, since the rooms are named, we should be able to say “Hey Google, tell Rosie to vacuum the living room”.

1 Like

Rosie is too Wyze :slight_smile:

Please do this!

Please add the google/Alexa integration with Wyze Vacuum. Based on the release notes it was supposed to come in early 2021!

2 Likes

Please add Google assistant integration to the Wyze Robot Vacuum. For that matter, after reading these comments, I’d recommend having support for Google assistant/Alexa on any and all devices. I think consistency would be great for your customers. In regards to any features that you’ve been semi consistent about. You are such an amazing company and I’m sure you’re already working on it or considering these things. Kudos and keep up the awesome work. Wyze is amazing and yall deserve an award or something! :pray::pray:

7 Likes

Any updates? Need to keep this wish alive!

2 Likes

Just got my vacuum and was dissapointed to see there is no Google home support

Especially when they just sent a bunch of BFCM emails featuring and pairing Wyze products to Google Home products being sold in bundles… :person_facepalming:t4::person_facepalming:t4::person_facepalming:t4:

I think it’s about time the Wyze team added Google Home compatibility to your robot vacuum.

I have good success using the python wrapper through my home control system.

Honestly, just start simple.,. “Hey Google turn on vacuum”… That would be enough for me for now.

Later, it’s be great to add: “hey Google vaccine my dining room” but start small and easy and expand later.

1 Like

I would love to see (eventually) the ability to integrate my wyze vacuum into my google home routines.

Right now I have the lock integrated to my nighttime routine so it makes sure that it’s locked the door, I’d love to add it so the vacuum will be released to clean. There are some nights where we have friends/family over late and while the scheduled clean is nice, it’d be cool to have the ability to attach the clean function to when we trigger the routine instead of a specific time each night.

1 Like

If you are on the beta and have the Alexa integration there are a few ways to add google assistant yourself but they are kinda hacky.

Method 1: IFTTT (there are limits to IFTTT if you don’t subscribe)
Create a custom google command that triggers an Alexa routine that starts the vaccumm.

Method 2: Smarthings (This is how I personally do it but its a lot of initial setup)
This method only works if you use Smarthings.
Setup a virtual switch to trigger an alexa routine
Use google assistant to toggle that switch you created
Guide for setup: How To Make Any Alexa Enabled Device Work With SmartThings (thesmartcave.com)

Well I didn’t know this wasn’t a thing. I assume since it was a smart vacuum it would have smart home controls with most major voice assistants. Kind of glad I didn’t get this vacuum, I keep on seeing more and more things that convince me against getting it like a YouTuber review, floor streaking and now this.

Just looking for news on Google working on Wyze robot vacuum. I have to say this is quite disappointing that this hasn’t happened yet, like others have said it’s been on the Roomba for two or three years now.

3 Likes

I am a Google assistant user for my home. I then integrated Wyze for my 5 cameras, 9 night lights, and the robot Vacuum. Wyze recently updated the cameras so they continually display on the nest hub display without dropping signal. Significantly better support for the cameras with google. I have my fingers crossed that vacuum support will come as well. My last robovac was a eufy and connected to google home. Allowing you to tell the “robovac” to clean, go home, etc.

Wyze is my favourite smart products company and google integration is slowly getting better. With there only really being Amazon and Google integration for both would be great. Many people spent on google product before Wyze produced competing products. All our smart home needs to work together! Slowly replacing google products with Wyze is my plan I just need integration.

Keep up creating great products! Don’t forget about us in Canada with sales. Since the Canadian site has launched we had 1 deal to get a free Wyze bulb. The American site has had Black Friday, valentines sales etc. with absolutely stellar deals on everything. I would love to see more products available to us in Canada as I am $800 + in on Wyze and want to spend more.

CHEERS Dan