Free Wyze v3 Camera Offer plus Vacuum Preorder Bonus

I am sure only Wyze will be able to fully answer this but figured I would ask here versus tying up one of the Wyze Wizards through a support ticket.

I pre-ordered the vacuum and will be selecting the free v3 camera bonus. I also did the v3 promo of buying CamPlus for the year and getting the “free” v3. Should I take my coupon code and get in line for my CamPlus v3 now or will the vacuum pre-order require me to possibly pay shipping and/or place an order with a coupon code for the v3?

I would like to think the v3 will be packaged with the vacuum and no additional order or shipment is required on my part, but at the same time, I want to minimize the number of orders/shipping charges.

Welcome to the Wyze community @pdeinselen!
I would think they would not make you pay shipping for any free product, but I’d still check with Wyze support on this!
This is primarily a user forum, it’s not constantly monitored by Wyze support.
You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support (click “submit a request”)
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

I should have reached out to the Wyze Wizards earlier as they responded within the hour.

“ The free gift will ship with the Wyze Robot Vacuum.”

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten an email asking what reward they want? Or is everyone getting the camera? I never received an email asking me, but I just got a ship notice for the vacuum.

1 Like

Never got an email asking which gift I wanted to receive however the early access preorder doesn’t close until 12/25 so I was informed we will be contacted after then to choose the free gift. I also did just receive that my order has moved to the shipping phase. Looks like the free gift will be shipped separately. I am happy to get my vacuum earlier and hopefully for the free gift we will not be responsible for any additional shipping charges.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten an email yet or heard how this will work? Now that it’s over I would assume we will see something soon. I know they didn’t ship with the vacuum as I have had mine since Monday!

I received my vacuum today, and did not receive any camera with it.

Any updates on this?

@UserCustomerGwen do you have any info on this bonus item process? I also received my vacuum (very happy with it) but have not heard anything on my bonus item and it was not included in the box. I was also missing my Early Vacuum Backer sticker :frowning:

1 Like

Good talk, I didn’t even get the sticker to add to the collection either…

2 Likes

Just got my vacuum today, and no camera and no sticker (as I have gotten with all of my other early backer items from Wyze). Interesting.

I confirmed with Wyze Support that the list of those who qualified for the bonus item offer is being finalized and we will be contacted directly about the bonus item. When that item is shipped it will include our Vacuum Backer sticker too :slight_smile:

Outstanding, thanks for following up and sharing with us.

I got the email and I am going to choose the Cam 3. However, it says it is out of stock and will have to order it in February. Now I am wondering if I am going to have to pay separate shipping for the camera? I already paid shipping on the vacuum. Was figuring they would come together and wouldn’t have to pay additional shipping on the free gift. Also, do anyone get a confirmation of their selection? I figured Survey Monkey would send an email of your selection, like a google survey would do?

I think if you chose the bulb, plugs, or v2 cam you would get a notification, I’m guessing if you want the v3 cam, we are just going to have to wait until they are avaliable like everyone else. After being jerked around with my original v3 cam order, I’m honestly not expecting to see one until March if I’m lucky…

I don’t think anyone will get a notification right away. I am guessing they will wait a few days minimum and then start compiling and sending coupon codes in batches.

As for shipping I am assuming it will be like the Free v3 with CamPlus in which the coupon will only take off the amount of the v3 and shipping (plus taxes) will have to be covered by us.

Now I guess we will see how long it is between my initial v3 order, placed right before they closed pre-orders, and the vacuum bonus ships. I am guessing just a few weeks.

I got my email notice about early preorder of the vacuum and clicked on the “choose your free item” link. That took me to a survey monkey survey which I completed but there was no coupon code provided or emailed to me. The initial email stated that i would have to order my free V3 camera in the Wyze shop using the coupon code. I’m confused. Plus the vacuum is not supposed to ship until late Jan. according to my orders in my account page. Did anyone else get a coupon code?

Got this today

"Please know that if you would like to choose the Wyze Cam v3 for your incentive, this may not be available to choose until January 2021 yet. That camera is not expected to ship until March 2021. You can’t generate a code for it yet. Rest assured that we’ll surely notify you once the Wyze Cam v3 is available again, so you can then generate a code for redeeming it.

I hope this helps. Should you have other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Christian | Wyze Wizard"

I’m not exactly how this works as I got an email today saying that I have to chose by january 4th

1 Like

You must complete the survey monkey survey by Jan 4th. This is to let Wyze know what item you want. You will then be e-mailed, I am assuming after Jan 4th, a coupon code. You will use that code to “purchase” your selected item from the Wyze store.

Since the v3 camera are back ordered your coupon code will still be good, you just can’t place your order/get in line until they catch back up with the backlog.

When I ordered my vacuum the preorder bonus specified was a free Wyze Cam V3, which is what I wanted. I thought the vacuum was the only thing I was waiting for, but now I find out that the camera is also back ordered and I’ll have to wait even longer for that. I’m not thrilled with the way this was handled. To present it as “now all 4 options have been unlocked and you get to choose” is rather misleading. If I had received an email indicating that “the option you had chosen (Cam V3) is now on backorder, but we’ll give you the option to choose from the 3 other preorder bonus devices if you don’t want to wait”, that would have been better received. I suspect the real story is that Wyze wanted to lock in as many orders during the holidays as possible, and those who are already on the hook can wait even longer. Rather than notifying us when more are in stock and we can place an order, we should be first in line for the next available devices and they should be shipped automatically to the same address as the vacuum is being sent. I was a pretty satisfied customer before this point, but these hoops that I’m needing to jump through to get the Cam V3 that I was initially promised is testing my patience.