Frame rate dropped to 1/3fps

I have the exact same problem.

1 Like

Maybe related

1 Like

I have the same issue with my v1 cams as well. Rebooted cams, router, phones, renewed IP leases and removed/readded devices from app. Freezes for 3-5 seconds. Disappointing for sure. All v2cams work great. Are we getting forced to new hardware, a la Apple?

1 Like

I noticed that all of my V1 Wyze Cams no longer stream video like they did. Now, I only get an image about every 3 seconds. The data rate shows 100kb/sec which is similar to my v2 and Pan cameras. I have gigabit internet up/dn and great wifi coverage in the house. Only my V1 cameras are affected. Anyone else having a similar issue.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds like this happened to a lot of people.

2 Likes

I’m on chat right now with customer service at Wyze. I’ll let you know if we figure anything out.

1 Like

FYI: I have a support case open: [Wyze Ticket 634470]
And did a run with ‘RoutThis Helps’ if they want to look that info up

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Image updates every 3 seconds on on V1 Wyze Cam. V2 Wyze Cam works perfectly…no delays in image updates. All from Apple IOS devices.

1 Like

Hey Tleffers. Same drill

as it looks like “they’re still working on it…” :wink:

-peep

Please post if a fix is found, I have same problem.

1 Like

Have you submitted a log through the app or opened a support ticket. The more info they receive the faster it can be fixed

2 Likes

Yes. Same problem. iPhone and iPad. V1 Cams. Still images every 3 seconds. Not smooth video. Latest app update glitch?

1 Like

Same problem. Running v2.11.41 now and video is not fluid. One image every three seconds. Just did an experiment with an iPad I rarely use and haven’t turned on in a while. On that iPad, Wyze iOS app is 2.9.58. Booted it up. Video with the OLD version 2.9.58 is fluid and just fine. Deduction: New app version since then has broken fluid video for V1 cams. I’m assuming the cams are fine, but the app isn’t playing well with V1 cams. If I could go back to 2.9.58, I would, since it works fine! I’m glad I had the old un-updated iPad laying around to help me play Sherlock Holmes. 2.11.41 needs to be fixed for V1 cam users. Big bug.

2 Likes

Hi - Submitted ticket 644683. Should anyone else be having this same problem, it’s the app update. 2.11.41 is glitching V1 cams. 2.9.58 works fine with said same cams. Please see post below. I also submitted my post below when responding to the tech’s email generated regarding the ticket. Thanks! Chuck

2 Likes

I have three Wyze cameras and all three started sending an image about every three seconds. Our live feed goes from camera to Wyze and then back to our device. Is this a Wyze server issue??

1 Like

I am also having the 3 second delay issue but have not yet opened a ticket

1 Like

I have the same issue with my 5 V1s. They are not updating and when you check the version it says up to date. My video is the same. Jumpy every 3 seconds.
I contacted wyze support and the nice rep guided me thru a flash update. It did not work. Tried factory reset and deleted my app and downloaded a new one. Nothing is giving me the latest version 3.9.4.32. Still showing 3.9.4.16. I’m hoping the latest version will fix the problem. Unfortunately it’s not being pushed out to the V1 cams.
What was not a good response To me from Wyze - I was told my cam was out of warranty so they couldn’t replace it. I didn’t ask for a replacement…just want my 5 V1s fixed.
Frustrated.

1 Like

I feel ya, Marianne. Hope something breaks (in the positive sense) soon. :slight_smile:

have a bunch of Wyze cameras. Wyze 1 and Wyze Pan cameras. Pan work great, show real time no issues. My Wyze 1 cameras for about a month now are showing live view in 3 second intervals. If I hit record, it records everything without issue. But the live view is skipping every 3 seconds. You can even see the time stamp skipping every 3 seconds. I’ve removed cameras, moved them around the house, nothing changes for the Wyze 1 cameras.

Everything is update to date on the firmware side and app side. (iOS latest 13.5.1)

I have great internet and WIFI (Google WIFI Mesh) and signal strength is great for Nest cameras, ipads, etc. (1gig up and down Fiber)

Is there a firmware or settings issue I’m missing?

thanks in advance,

2 Likes