Fix-It Friday - May 2024

Hey everyone,

I know we are running a bit late with this update and I do apologize. I was trying to make sure I could get as many updates as possible. I do not have updates on the new issues yet, but I want to get out the updates I have on the previous ones. I hope to have updates on the new issues soon. For now, let’s get to it. Here is our Fix-It Friday update:

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

Forum - Users are not able to connect to Live Stream if they are not on the same local network as the camera

We have been unable to replicate this but know it is affecting many. We have reached out to some of you to help us. If anyone has a camera affected by this and it is easily accessible, please replicate the issue and send in a log, post the log number here and we will push a firmware to the device that will allow us to get the type of log we need. We will then have you create microSD card logs and have you email them to us. If you are willing to do that let me know. Start with sending us a log and giving me the log number.

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

Core - Sometimes Event Videos are not clickable, you will need to click on the one above or below it and then swipe to it

Is this still happening to you, if so let me know.

Reddit - When clicking on microSD from the Event Tab it says there is no microSD installed

The engineers are looking into the logs that have been submitted so far, but we could still use some more. Can you submit a log and let me know the log number?

In the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

Forum - Wyze Cam Outdoor has a forced cooldown period of 1-minute even with Cam Plus and “No Cooldown” setting enabled

This issue is still being investigated. If you have sent in a log and have not given me the log number, please post it here. If you have not sent one in, please send in a log following the instructions below.

Core - No Events showing on the Events tab

Please let me know if this is still affecting you, I believe it is still affecting some.

Discord - Wyze Sense Hub not reconnecting on its own

We are still looking into these reports, can you let me know how often this happens and what you do to get it to recover currently?

Core - Wyze Video Doorbell v1 notifications have images turned 90 degrees

I have seen reports from some users saying this is still an issue. If this is still happening to you please submit a log ang give me the log number. Also let me know specifically what app version and firmware version you are running.

Forum - Wyze Thermostat drops offline often

We have found a possible solution for this and are working to get it in an upcoming firmware release.

Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection

We are still looking into the information you have provided; I will pass along an update when I know more.

Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position

We released a beta that is a step towards fixing the waypoint drift issue. This beta will not change the current experience but will give us some data needed to get to that point. Thank you for your patience.

Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering

We are still looking into this, and I will update when I have more.

Reddit - No audio playback on Wyze Cam v3 when connected to Wyze Cam Floodlight accessory

There is a firmware release in beta currently that should help with this issue.

Forum - Video Playback stutters on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro when record sound is turned off in settings

We are still looking into this, and I will update when I have more.

Forum - Status light not displaying correctly on Wyze Cam v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro

The firmware release in beta should also resolve this issue.

Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory

This should be merged into an upcoming firmware release.

Have a great week everyone. See you later this week!

2 Likes