Fix-It Friday 5/6/22

+1 to @ShardlowM post. Fix-It Friday 5/6/22 - #34 by ShardlowM

The change Wyze made to move away from the AWS KVS Time Slider Live View page when clicking on an Event Notification still in progress in favor of the ThroughTech TUTK P2P Live View page has introduced a very serious security blind spot.

I recently received a push notification from one of my cams for a Person Alert. This was on an isolated cam that should NOT have had any Person alert so I was immediately concerned. I clicked on the notification but was taken to the TUTK P2P Live View… Nothing there but trees swaying. I immediately clicked over to the events tab. Again, TUTK P2P live View… Nothing, still recording.

That video recorded for 5 minutes. And, for that full 5 minutes I was taken to the TUTK P2P Live View. Only after it stopped recording could I access the AWS KVS video stream of the recorded Event so I could rewind it to the begining to see what initiated the Person Event. It was a neighbor kid who was there to retrieve a ball that had gone over the fence. He was gone within the first 6 seconds of the video.

This change made by Wyze has significantly reduced the security capabilities of the cams if I am forced to wait 5 minutes to decide if I want to activate law enforcement. 5 minutes is an eternity in an emergency. Please consider a fix to make them Security Cams again. Thx.

6 Likes