Fix-It Friday - 11/3/2023

That messy grid is the result of Wyze translating the grid from English to French. :grin:

3 Likes

Better and better . Nothing surprises me anymore.:rofl:

2 Likes

Pan V3, down again.

Log: 1230942

1 Like

@IEatBeans @SlabSlayer @ashtonwalky For thumbnails issue is that mainly reproduced on V3 only after recent app upgrade or random cameras? More details would be super helpful. Thanks!

4 Likes

I am currently only have issues with my 2 Cam V3’s. The earliest version of the app that I can verify this issue started on is 2.47.0.b371

I contacted support with this issue, my ticket number is 3419316. I will say that I was originally experiencing issue with all my cameras but now it is only the Cam V3’s.

My Video Doorbell Pro, Can OG, and Pan v3 are all working correctly

@WyzeDesmond, I just did a walk around on all my cams, all subscribed to Cam Plus.

Android Production App 2.46.0.368

I have V3 cams on multiple FW versions and all are currently loading both the Thumbnail Slideshow and the Timeline Player in the Event Reports. The issue appears to be resolved for my V3 Cams. It was also tested and successful on PanV3, VDBv1, OGS, OGT, and V3Pro cams.

I have a Floodlight Pro with 5 Smart Detection AI Events today that will not load the Slideshow or Timeline. It stalls at loading both the Slideshow and Timeline. The image remains of the last cam viewed. However, I have another FLP with 3 SD AI Events that does load both the Slideshow and Timeline. Both are running Production FW 2.2.1.1083

2 Likes

On the latest iOS app my v3s are all showing 1 event. I will watch them for a few days and see if it shows more than one event

Amen brother. I worked in IT for nearly 50 years, and NOTHING went into Production until it went thru testing similar to what you described. I know the developers will moan, groan and whine about all the rigid testing, but all of our arses as a company are on the line every time a piece of code is changed.

1 Like

Slabslayer:
My V3 cameras will not display the “Thumbnail Show”, but my V3 Pros do.
I am running all current Non-beta PRODUCTION firmware and Android app version 2.46.0(368). I have Cam+ Unlimited too.
The Doorbell Pro and Doorbell V1 (both of them) display the “Thumbnail Show” properly.
My V2 and V3 cameras do NOT display the “Thumbnail Show” at all.
Do we need to log out of the app and back in, reboot the camera (power or just soft)?
Thanks !

:man_shrugging: I don’t have any suggestions for a fix. No one has yet pinned down anything from a user end with reproducible results. It is a very new feature in this Production App version that users are just now starting to test drive. It is also affecting everyone differently and identical hardware differently. Because it is such a new feature, I think we need to give Wyze the time to identify the issues and causes. It’s not like this is a security critical feature set that is crashing the app or keeping us from viewing Live Streams and Events like we have been over the years. It just a nifty new UI.

3 Likes

I’m also having connection issues with both of my Pan v3s. I bought 2, only had 1 in use though. It worked fine for months, but then I got these connection issues about a month ago. Tried power cycling, but that would be a temporary fix, tried restarting my router, and even tried a full camera reset. Nothing works! Last week I switched it out with the other one I had and it worked fine for 3 days, but now I’m getting the same issue. Connection between the device and the server has timed out.

It’s really reassuring when I see multiple posts by you about this issue, dating back months, when I’m searching for answers. Good to know they’re fixing it!

Anyone got a better product similar to the Pan v3? Seems Wyze can’t make a stable product…

Best alternative I can find is to keep them, Google “Wyze bridge” and start using home assistant.

Pan V3 down again.

Log: 1234368

Now that the Thumbnail Show has been fixed, and we can add the Old Bulbs and Old plugs back via the new app, hopefully they can work on the Video stuttering problem on Event Playback for people that have “Record Sound” turned off in advanced settings on the V3 and V3 Pro cameras.
I agree that the PAN V3 connection problems need a higher priority (even though I do NOT own one, I thought about purchasing one last month)!
Thanks WyzeJasonJ for helping get these issues in front of the developers!

That’s what I do.
Docker-Wyze-Bridge in HomeAssistant on a Raspberry Pi.
I view the RTSP feeds with tinyCam on an Android TV box.

Happy Friday, friends!

We have our Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals starting today. Make sure you check them out! In the meantime, we have updates for the bugs we’ve been bashing for you.

:man_facepalming: Discord - Facial Detection is not working on lots of cameras for people who have Cam Plus Unlimited :man_facepalming:

We’ve been making changes from the cloud side. Are any of you seeing improvement? Are any camera models still having trouble?

:floppy_disk: Reddit - Latest Pan Cam v3 firmware (or iOS app update) breaks microSD card button We’re still looking into this! Is there any chance that affected people are using Spanish for the phone system language? We saw a similar report on the Android app and are trying to see if this is a similar issue. So far, we haven’t been able to reproduce this in the office. Please send in a log if you’re affected by this problem! Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks. :floppy_disk:

:film_strip: Forum - Thumbnail show not working consistently on Wyze Cam v3 cameras :film_strip:

We’re working with the developers on this and could use more logs! Here’s the info for how to send them in:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:negative_squared_cross_mark: Core - Error 3001 is happening on cameras such as Wyze Cam v2 :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Our most recent updates included a fix for Error Code 3001! Please let us know if you are still experiencing it. If we don’t hear back, we’ll remove this from the list next week.

:ocean: Reddit - Unable to stream cameras in Google Home :ocean:

If you’re experiencing this issue, could you please let us know if you have Cam Plus on those cameras? We have found an improvement to make for 3rd party integrations and we’re working on that with Google now. We aren’t sure when they’ll be able to put a fix in yet, but we’ll keep you posted!

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

We are still on track to start a beta for this firmware at the end of the month. We’ll keep you posted!

:musical_note: Discord - When listening to music and then viewing a camera group, the music stops for a few seconds and then plays again even with audio turned off in the group :musical_note:

The steps in the video we were provided with are as designed and not a bug. The Wyze app takes charge of both video and audio channels after the video stream starts. Developers are planning to unify the experience on both Android and iOS and will start shortly after the already in progress work has been completed.

:raised_hand: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :raised_hand:

We’re wanting to check this out and could use the MAC address to check logs! Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us. We’ve been checking on the submitted logs and will share more info when we have it!

:clock4: Discord - Camera time and notification time do not match :clock430:

This can be resolved manually by changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leaving it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then changing it back. But we’ve heard that this needs to be done each time some of you go into different time zones. We’re trying to put in a more permanent fix and could use your assistance! If this happens to you again after doing this workaround, please submit logs and a screenshot with both times displayed. We’ll have the developers take a look! Here are the log instructions:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply to me so I can get it to the right folks.

:unamused: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :unamused:

We could use some screen recordings for this problem! When we are through our security updates, we’ll begin work on resolving this. Thanks for your patience!

:cam_v3: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :cam_v3:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA!

Thanks, everyone! We hope you have a terrific Turkey Day for those that celebrate. Chat with you later!

3 Likes

Not a single person has reported ANY Floodlight Pro cameras working with Friendly Faces yet. I have 6 and none of mine do it yet, and I even get up within 6 feet of the lens to test them out, so it’s not that they are too far away or the wrong angle.

Zero Battery Cam Pros have captured faces yet. I have 5 of them and none have worked yet. One them regularly has people walk right up to it. It’s on a wall in a hallway facing right at people as they walk straight toward it at face height. Definitely no excuses for that one.

Some of my V3Pros still haven’t captured any faces, but a couple of them do so more regularly now.

I didn’t get any friendly face detections until I turned on Friendly Faces Notifications on on of my cameras and it walked me through accepting some terms and conditions. After acking that, then it started surfacing faces to assign to names over the next few days.

If you haven’t seen the terms page, it’s not capturing faces yet (as you haven’t given them permission)…

Hey Wyze, maybe ALSO trigger that stuff when someone goes to to Account/Friendly Faces option.

I am doing the full accepting the terms and conditions in the camera settings. I got it working all my V2’s, V3’s, Pan 1, and some V3Pros, so I am definitely doing it right. It’s just not working on my Floodlight Pros or Battery Cam Pros, and some of my V3Pros. So I know it is working for some cameras, but there are still some that aren’t working.

Which cameras did you get it working on? I haven’t seen anyone get it to work on FLPro’s or BCPros yet.

In an absolutely SHOCKING TWIST, both Pan V3s down again.

Pan V3 #1 Log: 1236228
Pan V3 #2 Log: 1236229

How long are we going to stick with “we need MAC addresses?” Even if you’ve only received three of them (which seems unlikely as I’ve sent two myself), that’s not enough to look through a log, see the point of failure, and verify it twice more?

Hello, everyone!

Next week is our callout for December bug submissions! So please start thinking about what you would like to see added to the list. A lot of people have been on vacation this week (we can’t imagine why! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), so a lot of these topics don’t have big updates this week. Here’s our current status:

:bearded_person: Discord - Facial Detection is not working on lots of cameras for people who have Cam Plus Unlimited :bearded_person:

Wyze Cam Outdoor is expected to still not work with Friendly Faces. That said, we’re continuing to work on known bugs and to align expectations.

:black_joker: Reddit - Latest Pan Cam v3 firmware (or iOS app update) breaks microSD card button :black_joker:

We’re still looking into this! Is there any chance that affected people are using Spanish for the phone system language? We saw a similar report on the Android app and are trying to see if this is a similar issue. So far, we haven’t been able to reproduce this in the office. Please send in a log if you’re affected by this problem!

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it and tag me so I can get it to the right folks.

:film_strip: Forum - Thumbnail show not working consistently on Wyze Cam v3 cameras :film_strip:

We’re working with the developers on this and could still use more logs! Here’s the info for how to send them in:

- Let’s Take a Look at Some Previous Submissions -

:ocean: Reddit - Unable to stream cameras in Google Home :ocean:

The Google Home app not viewing live streams is a bug on the Google Home app and they’re working on it now. For Google Nest devices not viewing streams, please try re-pairing the connection between Wyze and Google Home. If that doesn’t work, please let us know! We may need to get your account info to troubleshoot further.

:house: Reddit - Wyze Cam Pan v3 does not return to set home position :house:

We are still on track to start a beta for this firmware at the end of the month. We’ll keep you posted!

:notes: Discord - When listening to music and then viewing a camera group, the music stops for a few seconds and then plays again even with audio turned off in the group :notes:

The steps in the video we were provided with are as designed and not a bug. The Wyze app takes charge of both video and audio channels after the video stream starts. Developers are planning to unify the experience on both Android and iOS and will start shortly after the already in progress work has been completed.

:raised_hand: Forum - Wyze Cam Pan v3 will not reconnect after it loses the connection :raised_hand:

We’re wanting to check this out and could use the MAC address to check logs! Please send your camera MAC (Wyze app > Livestream > Camera Settings > Device Info) in a support ticket through support.wyze.com and then provide the ticket number to us. We’ve been checking on the submitted logs and will share more info when we have it!

:mantelpiece_clock: Discord - Camera time and notification time do not match :mantelpiece_clock:

This can be resolved manually by changing your cell phone’s time zone to a different one, leaving it in the other time zone for 5 - 10 minutes, and then changing it back. But we’ve heard that this needs to be done each time some of you go into different time zones. We’re trying to put in a more permanent fix and could use your assistance! If this happens to you again after doing this workaround, please submit logs and a screenshot with both times displayed. We’ll have the developers take a look! Here are the log instructions:

Recreate the issue. Then in the Wyze app, go to Account > Wyze Support > Submit a Log. Select your device from the dropdown menu. Then fill in the description box with the date, time, and time zone of the most recent time you noticed this issue and a description of what’s happening. Make sure the Send Logs option is selected and then submit your log. When you have the log number, please post it here as a reply to me so I can get it to the right folks.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Reddit - Event playback in the app is stuttering :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We could use some screen recordings for this problem! When we are through our security updates, we’ll begin work on resolving this. Thanks for your patience!

:bulb: Discord - Wyze Cam v3 does not stay connected to the Spotlight accessory :bulb:

We don’t have a further update for this one yet. We’ll let you know when a fix heads to QA!

Thank you for reading! Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Black Friday/Cyber Monday! :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes