Feature Request: Custom Notification Sounds

Can you please change the notification sound? I have an iPhone and Wyzecam’s notifications sound like text messages. I would like to distinguish my alerts between Wyzecam and regular text messages.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I’ve added your request for a different notification sound for Wyze alert notifications to Wyze’s feature request tracker.

2 Likes

I would like this to happen also. I thought there would be a way to assign different sounds for different alerts on my Galaxy phone but cannot find a way to do this. Unless sensitivity is set pretty low I get too many alerts.

I have an S7 Edge and I can change the sound by going into the settings and then Notifications/Wyze/WyzeNormal/Sound

On a side note, I’d like to say that doing the Captcha thing for any post or reply in here is very annoying.

Unless you have a really old Galaxy phone, you should be able to change the sound under Settings > Notifications > Wyze > WyzeNormal > Sound (as Randy mentioned below). That was one of the first things I changed after I installed the Wyze app on my Galaxy Note 8.

Here’s a screenshot…

Thanks for the reply. I have a Galaxy J7 Sky Pro. I dont have the WyzeNormal option. Mine ends at Wyze. I was able to change my messenger and voicemail sounds though so that should help.

Hello,

I have the latest version of the Wyze Android app (v1.5.44) and version 4.10.1.27 of the Wize Cam Pan firmware. I am using a “Samsung Galaxy Note 4” phone with “Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)” and there is currently no way to change the Notification (alert) Sound for alerts generated by the Wyze app. The notifications from the Wyze app use the default system notification sound, so the notification sounds just like any other general notification.

Please add a way to change the notification sound in the app, so I can change the notification sound to a more “urgent” sound. This is very important.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Is there a way to assign a custom notification sound for Wyze in iOS? The current sound is not loud enough for security related notifications.

No, unfortunately there isn’t at this time. But there’s a Wishlist topic to vote for on that subject:

Note: the post of mine that you replied to was written back when we used to track feature requests manually in a spreadsheet. Now, you can vote for them directly by clicking the VOTE button at the top of any Wishlist topic. More info here: How to Use the Wishlist.

Thanks, I just getting used to participating in the community.

1 Like

This forum software is a bit different than most you will encounter, but once you get used to it, it’s very efficient. Thanks for contributing.

I have the S9+ and I also don’t have this option. It is really important to be able to distiguish a Wyze alarm from all the other notifications received each day.

this was asked for in 2018, and still pending?

as is, if you have 20 cameras and 20 sensors, they all make the same ding notification sound “General” category that can be set for wyze in android. Wyze developers have actually already invested time to create another category “WyzeMessage”, probably for marketing messages, so a maximum of 2 different sounds can be set.

we need more, to be able to give the various cameras/ sensors different sounds, this way you dont have to keep looking at the wyze app to interpret what the notifications are about.

2 Likes

why has wyze ignored this feature request

this is terrible