Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Just yesterday, WyzeShawn said the following:

Due to a limitation, we don’t have a plan to bring fastforward to the SD card playback right now.

1 Like

Wish we knew what that “limitation” is. I’m sure this community of smart people could help.

1 Like

I wonder what that limitation is?

What a joke… they’ve never intended to fix it. Even though they have said they would and were working on it.l I knew it!

Another person asked about scrubbing and they said they are working on it. This would be better than nothing.

2 Likes

They told me that years ago too.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

It’s disappointing that promises were made that hold water like a sieve

TL;DR 527 posts… What is the current status @UserCustomerGwen ??

1 Like

The status is… they put out another new camera (with a light) that will be as worthless as all our other cameras without the ability to search content.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

1 Like

What about faster playback from CamPlus Cloud???

1 Like

There wasn’t anything mentioned about that, but I would love to see this!

If you use Tiny Cam you view the CamPlus events at 0.1x, 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 3x, or 5x…so a little faster, and a lot slower if you really want…but it would be nice if Wyze allows it natively through the Wyze App up to 16x like eufy cams can do.

2 Likes

Yes please! I had to pull a memory card and save a days recording which was nice to see how it’s broken down to each hour. But I had to go through each hour with VLC player and increase the playback speed just so I can find something, a lot of work was involved. Please get this feature moving!

1 Like

It’s been 65 days since my last post, just checking in to see if there have been any plans to improve the quality of your user experience when reviewing footage. @UserCustomerGwen can we get an update?

1 Like

It is still listed as a ‘maybe-later’, that means they are not actively doing anything with it but have not ruled it out.

Been trying to figure out which cat has had accidents and its in a very active space… lack of FFWD or RWD is brutal… The camera is constantly active…

1 Like

I have this frustration too.

What I usually end up doing is switching to the playback timeline for the SD card. Then I will jump back and forth between seeing the thing in question (ie: the cat feces or urine puddle…zooming in helps a lot during this time) and it not being there, and keep moving forward and backward, at first several hours (or days) at a time, then it narrows down to minutes and then I can usually find it relatively quickly. It would still be better to have a good continuous fast forward or rewind, but jumping around with smaller and smaller boundary positions seeing the problem and not seeing it seems to work pretty well to narrow it down…better than watching nonstop without FF/RW for sure.

Cam Plus can sometimes be helpful, but if it’s a place in the house where there are always pets, it’s almost pointless to just sort events by pet…though I can jump through events looking for if there is scat or not and narrow it down a couple of events and then fast forward through those. Sometimes the SD card playback is easier though, and lots of people don’t have cam plus.

For what it’s worth, Wyze said they are looking into improving video scrubbing:

2 Likes

The frustrating part of this is wyze has said they would work on this ‘easy’ upgrade years ago. Yet new product after new product and still nothing! I bought a super cheap cam and it has a remarkable search features.

2 Likes

It’s been 34 days since my last post. Is there any update with this @UserCustomerGwen would really like to see some improvements here. Reviewing footage is painful and clips are not reliable.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen All the items you listed 3 yrs ago are still true today. Is there any update to this feature request?

Hello @mozeryansky and welcome to the community.

The last update was in January of 2021. They have not yet found a work around for the file system issue which is making this very hard to implement. They said they have not given up but the hardware limitations make it tricky.

1 Like