False positives on person detection recently

My cameras were doing a great job in January and February for picking up only people and letting me know when it’s a person. In the early days of AI, I got a lot of false positive and submitted all those videos and everything was much better.

Then in the last couple of weeks suddenly I’m getting a ton of false positives again. In fact, basically every car they see now is called out as a person. And the video no longer allows me to say that I saw a person or I didn’t see a person. So I can’t help teach it that those are not people anymore.

Did something happen that has changed it so that it no longer knows that slow-moving vehicles are not people?

Welcome to the Forums! There may issues with Person Detection depending on what app and firmware you are using. A little basic housekeeping first. In general, to assist you better, it helps the forum folks to know:

-Phone or other Device type and OS version on phone/tablet

-Wyze Device Type and model,

-Wyze app version. (Home Screen/Account/About). Beta or Production Version

-Firmware version installed on Wyze device (Settings (gear icon top-right)/Device Info/ Firmware Version) - “latest” and “up to date” are subjective and willchange with updates.
If you can provide some of this there are a number of folks here who will be happy to help.
Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request.
You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. This method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. (If you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and you probably will not receive a direct response.)

1 Like

I believe Wyze is now using their own version of AI for person detection vs. the prior version which was through another company.

One of my cams has given me a lot of false positives over the last few days with the wind and sun/cloud transitions. I make sure I submit the false positives so they can work to tweak the software.

That’s what I wondered. Thanks for the response. I didn’t know if I should keep submitting the video when it no longer gave me the option to say whether I saw a person or not.

After the new AI a couple of months ago it had finally gotten really good. And now in the last week or so it’s gotten really bad again.

It’s been better the last few days for me. It seems that fast moving clouds on sunny days cast shadows on one of my cams that really confuses the person detection.