Extremely dissatisfied with Wyze customer service; However, after 2.5 weeks it was made right and corrected

Ok, maybe “jack@#$” offended everyone on here, but @gemniii has done a great disservice to this forum by objecting to everything I have mentioned about in this forum that @peepeep so drastically says I do.

At the end of the day Wyze is an amazing cost effective camera. My only issue was one stopped working after 6 months so I reached out to customer support and they were awful; however, after posting on this forum @UserCustomerGwen got to the bottom of it and issue has been resolved.

All 11 camera’s including the 12th one which Wyze replaced all have been put to good use so case closed!

1 Like

Awesome @peepeep well I did an I got brow beaten for it, even though I had an honest claim for my anger against Wyze!

Not sure I would rely on a $20 device to “protect my family”. Definitely sure I would have tried a few cams before committing. As an adjunct to a real security system, I don’t think there’s anything else in the marketplace that provides a better bang for the buck.

3 Likes

Long thread. High emotions. But I don’t think it’s a very good idea to use Wyze for security. With the time out interval, I’m always missing events that I know happened because some bush was blowing just before the UPS driver came by. Wyze is fun, but it’s not good security.

2 Likes

Hmmm! I have 7 wyze cams. I use them for security, not sure why anyone wouldn’t it’s a web cam for Pete’s sake. I am able to view from anywhere and be alerted when something is going on in the vicinity of the cams.

1. I have recorded car prowlers steer away from our cars in front of the garage because of the cams
  2. I am able to see who delivers packages and record the event or record who is at the front door.
  3. I have four wyze cams outside the house and the cams are doing a great job. The cams been through the winter and during cold, rainy and windy weather for over 8 months.
  4. I have caught my daughter sneaking her boy friend through the back yard trying to avoid the front door cam. Little did she know I had a security cam setup on that side of the house lol.

There is no one, I mean no one that can tell me that the wyze shouldn’t be used as a security cam . That is just ridiculous. Considering I had a pricier cam that didn’t do half as much as the the wyze cam.

2 Likes

Here’s the reason … when Wyze sees an event, it will not trigger on another event for several minutes. I forget how many, but you can look it up. Let’s say you have a lot of moths at night, like I do. Every time one of those bright little buggers flies through the Wyze IR beam, it’s recorded, and the camera goes blind for something like 5 minutes. The same thing happens on a breezy day if the camera sees a blowing branch. If I trigger on 30 moths in one night and the camera doesn’t re-trigger for five minutes each time, that means the camera is blind for 2-1/2 hours each night. If something important happens in one of those blind times, you won’t know if happened. I have seen several examples of a package being picked up from my front door but not recorded because the camera was in time-out. If you don’t consider this, you will think you’re seeing everything that happens. But you won’t know what happened when the Wyze was on time-out.

2 Likes

I like my two Wyze cams. But my Foscam cameras can be programmed for a timeout as short as a couple of seconds. They make a better security camera for that reason. Of course they cost more money.

I understand. But what I do is use view playback. That does you everything that happen close to the alert. Example: If I get an alert I look at the time of the alert check out the clip. If i need more info I use that time and go to view payback. I scroll to that time frame and start watching more of the action. It’s been working out.

1 Like

And then once you find it you can record and download.

1 Like

Exactly select and share or save.

1 Like

I agree with you as I have CCD Camera’s for overall protection; however, all the professional camera’s are heavy duty and need to be wired and can’t be hidden. A Wyze camera is quick solution to those areas where one needs observation.

3 Likes

I thought you threw all 11 cameras in the trash? Change your mind?

As an update, Gwendolyn took control of my ticket and I just got shipping notification for my replacement. It’s a shame it had to come to this. But hey, whatever, it happens sometimes. All good. :slight_smile:

Thanks again Gwendolyn!

1 Like

A $20 device to protect your family is much better than no device at all. Consider yourself very lucky that such a quality device is available at such a reasonable cost.

1 Like

They finally got back to me too, after 2+ weeks. After some communication problems, Wyze made me whole. I sent management some ideas to improve CS so let’s hope they work on it.

You’re welcome, @firebirdude! I’m glad I was able to help and I apologize for your experience before that.

@pitzer, thank you for your suggestions. We appreciate you taking the time to make your recommendations. We are glad to hear that your problem has been resolved now.

Give us your address via DM and we will pay for all the Wyze Camera’s that you need to protect yourself… Happy to do so!

No, we put them in the recycle bin for others to use them and happy to say they all have been distributed and put too good use!

To provide a conclusion and a final update to this thread…

Wyze under the direction of @UserCustomerGwen she made this right and admitted fault in customer service… even though my boss won’t use Wyze again, he has given all 11 plus the replacement camera’s to me… I am happy to say they are all working.

It is unfortunate that @WyzeDongsheng @CaptainMark @XRoyHe @mike.s never responded to this nor our e-mails, DM’s, or Eric Schmidt’s requests to speak regarding what happened here… we guess that customer support and experience isn’t important to them.

It isn’t that customer sevice is less important to them. It’s that they trust me to do my job and do it well. I’ll talk to them about better ways to redirect direct messages in the future but this post and helping your boss was in my sphere.

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your Wyze Cams and that they are working well for you. If you need any help, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!