Event Recordings get deleted every night

I just purchased a Wyze Cam v2 a couple of days ago and updated to the latest firmware. I’m running the latest Wyze app on iOS 12.3.1.

Installation and set up were a breeze. The camera works beautifully, and I can watch the live stream remotely on my iPhone and on a FireTV Stick perfectly. The camera records motion event videos as expected. (Although I’m not sure yet if it is recording “person detection” event videos with the motion detection setting turned off.)

However, in the few days I’ve had this, my event videos automatically delete overnight and I start the new day with no event videos from the day(s) prior. I thought these were supposed to stay available for 14 days?? Am I missing something obvious here?

At the top of the Events screen, do you see the days of the week?

The current day is pre-selected. You can select the other days’ events. You can swipe that top area to the right to see the previous week’s events.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you, I missed that!

1 Like

its always the simple things that aree overlooked :slight_smile: glad you figured it out.

1 Like

Someone else posted the same problem a week or two ago. Haha. Probably means the UI should be made clearer.