Downloading RTSP to Mac

This page seems to have all the links, but V3 is here:

https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/rtsp/demo_v3_RTSP_4.61.0.1.zip

https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/comments/1016of6/rtsp_firmware/

Is the root directory on the v3 simply the =blank space below the three folders?
Alarm
Record
Time_Lapse

The root is what you see when you open the disk. The folders/directories you listed are in the root.

In reading on the net I came across an article on GitHub. It indicated that you should be

1. copying the Zip file named "demo_v3_RTSP_4.61.0.1.zip
  2. then unpack it to demo_wcv3.bin.
  3. Then copy that to the camera
  4. then rename it to Demo.Bin.
    Does it matter what the sequence is? I generally have been renaming it prior to placing it on the SD card.

The filename on the sd card for the v3 should be demo_wcv3.bin, NOT demo.bin. The name demo.bin is for the V2 only.

1 Like

Finally! Thank you so much. The camera is now going thru its post setup after the Blue Light. I have been getting a blinking red light for almost 30 minutes. When I look at the Wyze App the Camera is offline. Since the blinking red light has been going on for so long what do you suggest I do now?

Per this, looks like it’s ready for you to run setup.

My next issue is that when I turn RTSP on it is not producing the “Generate URL” prompt.

Are you following these instructions:

• Next, turn on the RTSP toggle
  • You’ll be prompted to set up a username and password for this Wyze Cam. Both the username and password should be 4 – 10 characters without special characters (only a-z, and 0-9)
  • PLEASE NOTE - This username and password is unique to just this camera. Please either use something that’s easy to remember or take note of them somewhere, as these will be needed to access the camera’s stream via RTSP
  • Click “Generate URL”, and the RTSP URL will show on the next screen. Use this for streaming through any RTSP compatible player on the same local network as the Wyze Cam.

Did you enter the user name and password? The generate url prompt probably won’t show until you do that.

Great, the issue was that the slide button was barely visible to me. I have it now