Doorbell - Option to turn off push button LED or change color

Installed the doorbell this weekend. Came home at night and thought there was a K-Mart Blue Light Special on my front door! Holy cow is that bright! Saw it from all the way down the street! Wyze… C’mon now. You can turn the lights off on your cams, You can turn the lights off on the Hub… But the doorbell is giving you problems programming? Get the fix in there so we can turn off that blue beacon!

8 Likes

Video Doorbell Pro Status Light

Hello My Fellow Wyzers,

I am reaching out with a suggestion for the new Video Doorbell Pro. I recently received it and I love the product thus far. I happen to live in a condo and at times don’t want my neighbors to feel like I am spying on them (although that’s the point as my packages have gone missing before). I recommend giving users the option to hide the blue ring “status indicator/light indicator” on the doorbell. This would allow the user to see a live feed, however, outside of the small noise I hear in the unit once its activated, the person/thing being recorded is not made aware,

Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Happy Holidays!

4 Likes

Just buy a sheet of 19mm (3/4”) stick-on dots. Black or white works well. Stick it on the blue bell and then you have a soft glow behind the dot. Fixed!

4 Likes

Great suggestion @stevemcintosh!

1 Like

Are we any closer on turning off the annoying blue light on the Pro Video Doorbell? Please give us this option in a firmware update soon. I’m nervous it’s going to attract unwanted attention instead of deter it. Listen to your supporters Wyze.

8 Likes

It has been on the Wishlist for over a year and has yet to be tagged ‘researching’ by the Wyze crew. So, no one up there is thinking about it. And, we only have 101 votes for the improvement. That’s not nearly enough to motivate Wyze to upgrade it. They are also too busy fixing the firmware right now so that the doorbell actually functions as a proper video doorbell and camera. This particular make-a-wish affects both doorbells. Until we see a status change in the post we can only hope. If it is moved over to the roadmap, then we have progress. Those are the mods and improvements they are actually putting work into. I taped a big cardstock dot over mine and drew a smiley face :grin: on it.

3\13\22 EDIT: Vote for this wishlist item at the very top of the topic post list :top: if you want it to move up the priority list for development. Then add a reply post at the bottom :arrow_down:. Thx!

6 Likes

PLEASE give us the option to dim or turn off the blue light around the doorbell button on Doorbell Pro!

7 Likes

Would LOVE to see this added ASAP! Installed my Pro yesterday, and it has been great so far… UNTIL I drove up last night and saw the BRIGHT blue circle pulsing.

6 Likes

Voted. Neighbor has a competition doorbell camera that is able to disable all external lights. The lack of this feature in the Wyze Pro is tempting me to switch. I really don’t like the blue light illumination my entry at night whenever it detects movement.

10 Likes

The pulsing blue light on the Doorbell Pro bothers me, so rather than put up with this until Wyse provides an option to shut it off, I’ve wired a toggle switch to the transformer in my basement. When the battery is low, I can toggle the transformer on to recharge the battery during the day till recharged then toggle off

5 Likes

I installed the wired Doorbell a few days ago, and my wife now wants me to remove it due to the blue light which cannot be disabled… I hope the disable feature can be added soon.

I would like to turn off the illumination of the chime button on the Video Doorbell. This attracts attention which is not be wanted by every user of this product.

5 Likes

Welcome the the community @pweiss.

The wishlist item is 1 ½ years old with not even the slightest indication of upgrading it to “Researching”.

IOW…don’t count on it.

I used cardstock and white duct tape to cover mine.

4 Likes

At the top of the thread was a craft project I did on mine to block out the light, still in good shape today, over a year later.

5 Likes

Didn’t realize it was only bothering me. I went to Wyze Wizzard team and they directed me here. Blue light without option is definitely not making sense with the Wyze Device. It they have option to turn off the white light there should be one for blue light too. Please add this to your next update. Looks like you will have lots of happy campers!!!

11 Likes

Control over the flashing blue light would be a simple update. It’s already programmed to do other things during the setup process. Giving the user control over the brightness and obnoxious flashing should be pretty simple. Wyze team, please address this issue.

8 Likes

Don’t forget to vote on this by clicking the vote button at the top of the thread! Thanks!

3 Likes

Doorbell Pro Status Light

Hoping a setting option can be added to disable the blue status light or reduce the brightness of the light.
Have had multiple complaints from neighbors that the flashing/pulsing blue light is an annoyance at night and it is actually very bright.

7 Likes

Hey Wyze Gyze!!

Can’t really add anything more to what every other poster has written other than “Please fix the firmware and make this dang blue light configurable!”… the bright pulsing blue light is a problem…

4 Likes

We should all ‘Show and Tell’ our different solutions to this issue. Perhaps we could ‘shame’ Wyze into fixing this issue through all of the work arounds that have been applied to each doorbell to address the lack of the option to Dim or Disable the LED light.

Perhaps instead of including the “I Backed Sticker” in the Video Doorbell Box, they should include a Wyze provided sticker to cover / dilute / dim the LED light.

SJ

2 Likes

Since initial install, I had to install a set of wedges and had to retape mine.

1 Like