Does wyze OG has RTSP?

Does wyze OG has rstp?

if not then is useless to most advanced users.

so many limitations of not having RTSP:No Home assistant integration, no PVR integration, etc. Basically a closed system.

John

3 Likes

It does not support RTSP.

2 Likes

That sucks big time! What’s the issue with RTSP? I wanted to use the 3X on Home Assistant! #nobueno

4 Likes

+1 for RTSP - At the very least a good working integration with Home Assistant, but RTSP would be preferred.

3 Likes

I would buy a lot of Wyze cameras if only they supported RTSP.

I need something that works with Home Assistant.

3 Likes

But is it something you plan to do in the future, or do you just not want to do it?

1 Like

We do not have the resources to do it at this time, I do not know what will happen in the future.

The point of Wyze is to drive users to their app, not provide features that allow you to bypass it.

1 Like

I have RTSP working on two of my wyze cameras with the firmware, will the firmware work for the OG too?

Firmware is camera model specific. There is no RTSP firmware for the OG.

All the more reason to stay away from them IMO.

4 Likes

Absolutely, buy them when the company is ready to release the RTSP on them.

1 Like

I just canceled my subscriptions

5 Likes

We’ve done the same here.
I was happy to support Wyze as a startup, they had ambition, and direction… now they seem more focused on adding more new stuff than building up and improving what they already have,

5 Likes

Same here… and will be returning the camera.

I remember spending hours manually activating rtsp on my Wyze Cam Pan years ago. It wasn’t natively supported, but you provided users with DIY instructions because you understood some of your customers wanted the functionality.

I understand the cloud-based business model, but you’re moving too far away from the people who originally supported your company.

2 Likes

I canceled my wyze cam pkus subscriptions also and will never buy another wyze camera untill they support RTSP and or ONVIF.

3 Likes

Your company is growing.
Maybe consider hiring someone who can build that feature.
There are multiple projects and passionate people who are building custom firmware, so why not hire them?
I don’t mind paying a couple of $$$ to get RTSP or ONVIF support.
People like me are searching for cameras that we can use with our systems, not with your app. I don’t need cloud, detections, auto-updates, and others. I don’t mind flashing my cams manually.
RTSP or ONVIF require resources, so give us two options:

1. what we have now (without RTSP and ONVIF)
  2. no cloud firmware but with RTSP and/or ONVIF.

I need cameras for a couple of Home Assistant installations. Around 20 cameras.
I like the price/quality/functionality of your cameras, but no RTSP/ONVIF is a total blocker.
I’m waiting for a couple of years, I’ve tested multiple cameras and you are really great but we all need RTSP/ONVIF.

Your company is expanding, there is a global.wyze.com website, and 6 more countries that can order your equipment, you have resources for that, why not hire one or two developers?
Look at the awesome work of gtxaspec · GitHub. Maybe he is available? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Like Misiu, I would like to use the cameras for home automation. Having cloud storage is not enough. The wyze cameras are actually quite good. I’d be willing to pay a little extra for RSTP/ONVIF support but without it, they are useless.

2 Likes

I am driving to Whole Food to return mine now, without the RTSP, its useless. I wanted a better quality camera and LOVED Wyze since I purchased the v3 back in 2021, But after this i will be looking at another company.

1 Like

Well this is disappointing to hear. Really don’t want to return these and have to order something else…any update on RTSP for Wyze Cam OG? @WyzeJasonJ

1 Like