[Discussion] Face Recognition problem updates and feedback

Wyze is working on it. Here is what was said.

If you have an Android Device you can try the steps I did. Once I set it up via an iPhone I had, everything started to work. Like you, other than my v2 camera, nothing else worked. Here is what I put together.

1 Like

@WyzeShawn

Here is a Facial Recognition potential issue. I am using an Android Pixel 5 with Android 11 on it. The v3 Firmware is at 4.36.5.58.

The Event Screen showed my name correctly

When I click on the Event and start Streaming, it says unknown

3 Likes

Wait so this could be the reason why my doorbell and V3 never detected faces before unlike my V2?? I’m gonna have to re-setup facial recognition on an iPhone tomorrow then I guess wow.

Yea, on Android I went to each camera stood in front so that my face was looking directly at it, no luck. Then on an iPhone, I removed the VDB from CamPlus and added it back after I backed out of the CamPlus location and went back to it. Then I stood in front of the VDB and it recognized me. I then did the same for the rest and they all started to work. Hopefully, you will experience the same as I did.

Here is my link to my testing and experiment, This is the start location, go through the thread:

1 Like

Have they started fixing it?? My doorbell recognized a face for the first time today :eyes: and I didn’t do iphone setup it was through android…

Not sure, they have been working on fixes, so this is a positive thing.

1 Like

I was gonna re do the setup on an iphone but I think I’ll wait for an official announcement from wyze first

1 Like

may as well. If it is working on your doorbell, maybe some of the fixes are related to server side. Definitely a positive direction.

1 Like

That is great news! I just ran a bunch of checks on my VDB. I even removed facial recognition, removed cam plus, readded cam plus and facial recognition, but it still isn’t working for me that way. Not too surprising. I think they will be releasing an App update to fix this soon, and then we’ll be good and consistent.

Still, I do have a single V3 that appears to be working for Face recognition, at least sometimes now (definitely works if I put my face right in front of it). So it’s good news that this is happening sometimes on V3’s and VDB’s even before the fix comes through. WyzeShawn has always come through as soon as he is informed of something, so I have no doubt we’ll get this soon enough. We are beta testing after all. I’m glad we were able to help them find something like this before public launch which is the main point of them giving us this early access (which is very appreciated).

1 Like

Yea exactly it may still be in testing because for it to actually catch your face you have to properly look straight at it for a good second, hopefully, that’s improved soon cuz obviously, nobody will always do that when walking into the house

My facial recognition has been working great. I too am in the beta program. It’s one feature I rarely have issues with. I have pan, V1, V2, V3, and outdoor. The recognition is so awesome, it picks up all the characters from my favorite TV shows. It’s actually hilarious to go in every few days and delete all the people off the TV. I’m not sure how I could efficiently exclude them because I want that to still be an area where I get motion detection, but if that’s the most inconvenient portion of that feature I’ll live with it. Please don’t update It is nearly every update I’ve had has caused some sort of issue from breaking all of my V1 sensors even though they’re less than three months old, to a variety of issues with each of the different versions of my cams.

1 Like

Looks like i don’t need do to the setup again because across both Android and iPhone the doorbell face recognition is working great now! Some false positives so far but thats just how it was with the V2s at the beginning before it learned fully. Thanks @WyzeShawn

3 Likes

@WyzeShawn

Not sure this is the correct spot, but it is related to Cam Plus and a GUI difference between iOS and Android.

When going into the Events area of a Camera, v3 in my case, the new Cam Plus logo is not present.

On Android I see the following

On iOS I see this - which is correct, I believe

1 Like

can you submit a log of this problem? we’ll take a look

1 Like

Will do, I will submit it from my Android.

@WyzeShawn ,

Log Submitted 300547.

I believe it is only a GUI display issue.

Let me know if you need anything else

1 Like

@WyzeShawn

My VDB picked up a person but it incorrectly labeled it as me. Here is the image of what it caught:

This is me:

Log Number 300983 was submitted for your review.

However, when I went to face management, I saw the face and it showed Unknown. Here is what it looked like there:

1 Like

Just want to point out (for the benefit of our previous conversation on this), that the other guy looks like he is wearing a dark BLUE shirt. I am telling you, the AI thinks blue means you :rofl: It helps that you both appear to have grey/white chins to the camera too., AND point #3, this dude also has glasses (just like all the other false positives), only this time they are hanging on his shirt. But, that’s not too much different from when it thought a blue car with glass headlights resembled you too…just saying…blue shirt, glasses and this time white chin…getting a lot of the same things in all your false positives. :male_detective:

(I realize that wasn’t the entire point here, you are doing a good job demonstrating that the identification is not consistent from the video screen (where it identifies the guy as you) vs the face event filter, where it says not named)

1 Like

:rofl: You got me there. I do where blue and most of the false matches seems to be with people having blue on not matter who they are. :slight_smile:

Now that is too funny.

I cannot say for sure, but there are multiple dimentions are used to determine a face. Like the shape of face, position of features, even color. We’re still tuning the model to balance the performance between recognizing right person vs leaving them as outlier right now.

2 Likes

Hi. I was browsing to see if anyone is experiencing the same error I am getting. I see here some persons are getting this error. Can you tell me how to resolve. When I try to turn on all AI features I am getting the below error.

Screenshot_20210928-173057_Wyze

I am not a beta tester. I am using the android app with V3s and V2s with cam plus

3 Likes