Different Alert Sound for Wyze Notifications

I think its a global change and not configurable from what I can see at least. I wish they would at least let you set it to what you want it to be set to.

I am not as nice a person as @SlabSlayer. I really admire his patience but the Gods did not grant me that same gift.

I understand the Apple users being annoyed. They’re blaming the wrong people, of course, but whatever, they’re Apple people. It’s not Wyze’s fault that Apple doesn’t expose this functionality to developers and Android does. Still, at least Apple users have a reason to be frustrated as they have no solution so I understand them being pissed off.

It’s my fellow Android users that I don’t understand. Protests, accusations of lying and betrayal, selling (or just junking) all their Wyze products, and just general drama-queening, all because they’re too stubborn to purchase and install any of several $10 apps that will reliably do exactly what they want.

My Android brethren, you have every right to refuse the solutions presented for your problem. You have every right to not purchase/install/configure MacroDroid, BuzzKill, or whatever else is out there that will solve your problems quickly and easily. You have every right to live with a single irritating notification provided by the Wyze app, even though you could have the custom notifications you feel you deserve within the next 15 minutes for $10. You even have every right to come to this forum and express your outrage at how hard done by you are.

I, however, have every right to not give a rip. I have the right to think you’re being foolish. I even have the right to question your judgment (among other things that I won’t mention for fear of being banned). Fortunately for you, others on this forum are more patient than I and will indulge you. You’ll do fine without my sympathy.

4 Likes

I think they may have added additional channels, which gives you the ability to adjust per channel. I haven’t confirmed this fully but I see two channels when there was only one earlier.

1 Like

Macrodroid Pro is only $5.99 and with the instructions Slab Slayer laid out in his thread, I was up and running in minutes.

4 Likes

As far as Apple being the issue…for years the iOS Ring app has had the ability to say “Motion detected at your front door.” and “There is someone at your front door.” for their doorbells. I dunno how, but it is obviously possible.

Oh my gosh all this complaining about the sounds and the inability to change it and apple vs. android.

Had to just poke my head into this situation because it is flooding my mailbox.

Updated the app on iOS device. Rebooted phone. Turned on notifications for the camera behind me. Waved my hands.

I thought it would play a mellow ‘ding’ or allow me to customize it. No, it’s a sound that Wyze picked out. Goes something like this:

“Do do do do…do”

If it had lyrics, they would be, “Like the new sound, now?”

Based on the responses below, I’d say a resounding amount of people say “No we do not, Wyze”.

I want to be absolutely sure we all agree that there is NO WAY to change this sound as an end user on iOS devices, correct?

4 Likes

I agree – the Ring app gives you options; the Wyze app does not appear to for now.

MacroDroid and works perfectly

7 Likes

Correction: MacroDroid is for Android. It is not for iOS devices.

2 Likes

regnatarajan - there’s no need to be snotty. I’m glad you have options in your Android world.

Can you please explain (in a respectful manner) how I can change sounds for other apps, but not for Wyze products?

1 Like

Just a note here

I was able to change only the notification tone for the Wyze cameras within the Android app itself

It is now “Snappy” (a short click) and regular notifications are my usual tone.

It’s a whole app kinda thing and hopefully the guy working on the software will add a per-camera option later in the future

2 Likes

I’m sorry @sennis, I have no knowledge at all about Apple. I was going on previous posts which assigned the blame to Apple not exposing this functionality to developers. @SlabSlayer wrote this about it and he seems to know more about Apple than I do.

Regarding my lack of respect, for what it’s worth, my frustration is not at all with Apple users. You guys don’t appear to have any choices and I understand your frustrations. My frustration lies entirely with Android users like myself. They do have choices, and good choices, but many elect not to avail themselves of those choices and instead prefer to complain here.

4 Likes

[iOS] My wife is ready to throw her iPhone out the window (but not before throwing all the Wyze HMS equipment out first). She likes to get alerts of motion from the multiple cameras around our house, But now instead of a quick “ping” Wyze decided in their infinite wyzdom to change this to a MELODY. My gosh, now we get this whole cacophony of sound that keeps going on and on (since usually multiple sensors go off). What were the engineers thinking?? I understand (and want) some different tones, but that is a painful one to force on people. PLEASE put it back the way it was if you can’t provide an iOS solution to choose your tone!
AT LEAST TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU DID via an in-app message as we have spent a long time trying to find a way to change it in the app, only to read in this Forum that it can’t be changed.

4 Likes

I feel your pain. Me too! I had to turn the cameras off today. OY VEY!

@regnatarajan
Thanks a bunch for your respectful reply. I really appreciate it.

I hope us IOS folks catch a break soon. The new sound assigned is very intrusive.

I also must agree, the new sound is horrid, and I spent a reasonable amount of time looking for a way to change it. I would like the old sound back as well, or better yet, let me change it.

2 Likes

My wife and I are in agreement with you. I don’t mind a special Wyze notification but make it a simple one or two note tone…not a tune.

3 Likes

After the update, there was some information on the ‘whats new’ screen that Wyze had changed the tone in iOS. Should have taken a screen shot. Turned off notifications until the next release.

WOW! This is no bueno for iOS users. I used my daughter’s old iPhone 8 Plus and 14 Pro iPhone and there is no way to manually change the sound for Wyze in the iOS app or the regular settings.

In the below image from left to right

2 Likes

Oh my… I was finally able to update. Although we didn’t get multiple sounds to choose for each, the tone isn’t as bad as you all made it out to be.
It definitely is different enough on iOS that I know it’s at least my Wyze cam.

2 Likes