Detection Zone Not Working Properly

I keep getting notifications on events that occur outside my detection zone and I don’t kinow how to stop this. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Can you post a event video that has motion tagging enabled and then a screen shot of your detection zone settings?

You didn’t mention what version of camera your have, but if it’s anything but the wco, the rest of the cameras have a pixel change motion detection. Whereas any color or light change triggers pixel change which is what the camera determines as “motion”. Any of this outside the exclusion zone will trigger an event.

2 Likes

i am having a problem where every car that drives by triggers an alert. I have narrowed the detection zone to nothing even on the street and every car driving by still sends a notification.

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved to this topic for consistency in grouping posts in similar topics.

2 Likes

That is a different issue than what the topic of the thread is. What camera are you experiencing this with? Is there any pixel change occuring outside your detection zone? Any color, lightness, shadows, anything? Camplus?

@Mods can these last two be merged, I know there are many, but this is the latest of the exact that I could find:

1 Like

I have the same issue
I have shrub and trees that move OUTSIDE of what I have selected in the detection zone, but it still picks it up and sends me an alarm. not cool

what gives?
all cams are upgraded to latest
I

1 Like

Can you provide an event video showing this? with motion tagging enabled possibly? and a screen shot of your detection zone? is there any pixel change occurring outside your exclusion zone during these events??

What camera is this happening with? If it’s anything other than the WCO, the cameras detection system is called pixel change. The camera is interpreting any pixel color changing for light dark one color to the next, all that is being interpreted as motion. Say a tree branch is moving in the wind, not only is the tree branch moving causing color and other pixel change, the shadow on the ground is also causing pixel change and if the branch itself is in your exclusion zone but the shadow is not the shadow would be tripping the event because there is motion in your detect area.

1 Like

I have the same issue. No matter what i set the detection zone to i still get every car that drives by my house. My detection zone is pretty safely inside the sidewalk. I am using a V3

3 Likes

I am having the same problems with my Wyze v2 cam.
I have created a custom detection zone to exclude a window to prevent detection when the light is switched on/off.
The custom detection zone is turned on but I still get notifications and events triggered specifically around this window.

I’ve tried changing the exclusion zone to make it larger to avoid shadow or other lightning effects etc but with the same results.

The detection zone is missing from my V3. I only have motion and sound settings showing.