Daylight savings - Wyze Cam Outdoor

Must be… I just checked my router and it’s off by one hour. But all of my WCO cams (and all other cams) synced properly on Sunday when I started up a live stream on each cam. :+1:

1 Like

The firmware must include a change relative to their processes followed on the wired (powered) cams. I’d give them a pass on this one as it’s not uncommon for some products to be adjusted with daylight change.

(Although, since they want to be deemed not just a cam supplier, but an automation system, they should modify their code, as routines are often run around time, so theres that.

I’ve got to find a use for mine that doesn’t impede my other 2.4Ghz cams. I’m thinking trail cam at the end of the property.

In my case it was just the one hour delta due to DST. Displayed time is EST + 1 (which is actually EDT).

Someone ask the question about my router - I have an eero system and the only time adjustment is choosing in a pull-down what time zone you are in - Mine automatically switched from EDT to EST.

All my Mac hardware: desktop, iPad(s), iPhone and Watch all switched. The other Wyze cams of mine did switch by themselves following along (1-v1, 3-v2, 4 - Pan). My six WCOs did NOT (have not) switched.

Yes, we’ve had a couple comments bounce around. If the cams didn’t adjust for DST by now, I don’t believe they are going to. The eero router is not serving as an NTP server, so I do not see that as a factor.

Question, just for background, did the cams power cycle since? My guess is since their battery based, you’ve not charged them. I’d restart the cam just to see if they then are prompted upon power up to reset their clocks. The second way I could see the engineers handling this, other than the app proactively prompting an update which is the way I would go, is that the battery pull will prompt a reconnect and they thought that was ok…

I’m pulling out mine tomorrow and checking.

There is a huge difference in approach to programming a battery supplied device vs a powered unit, not an excuse but a reason they may not have recognized the flaw in the process.

I had somewhat similar thoughts about battery charged device .v. direct power. I did power off the WCOs via the Wyze app and that didn’t affect anything. All WCOs are showing roughly 35% battery, so I don’t have to take them down for 2-3 more days. Will see how that affects things then.

I did call Support to get a ticket in the system - I also sent the App Log in per request from an earlier post. Fortunately, I don’t have any elaborate skills or functions dependent on the time. I’ll just sit tight and see howgozit; help as I can.

1 Like

My Wyze outdoor cam isn’t reflecting the time change. I have synced the time on my indoor pan cam, but can’t get the outdoor cam to change. Any ideas??? I’ve turned it off and I have searched the base settings, not help there

1 Like

If you want to force it, can’t you use the advanced settings Sync to Server?

Don’t have a WOC running right now, but all others can have it pushed in that way.

Hi @Chappy58us and welcome to the Community Forum.
There are a few threads here with the same problem.
Try a power up reset on iPhone.
What is the app version and Outdoor Cam firmware?

You may want to open a support ticket.

Click this link to Open a Support Ticket

• Scroll down to the bottom of page
  • Contact Us
  • Choose support topic

The WOC doesn’t have a sync button.

The firmware is v4.17.0.159 and the app version is v2.14.23

The phone isn’t the issue. I was able to change the time on the other camera with the sync button and it reflects the new time shown on my phone

1 Like

App version is correct at: 2.14.23 (October 21, 2020)
WOC Firmware: v4.17.0.159 is no longer available.
current Outdoor Cam Frmware is: 4.17.0.160 (October 29, 2020)
Base Station Firmware should be: 4.17.0.169 (October 29, 2020)

Updating your Wyze Cam Outdoor Firmware

You can check the other threads with the search magnifing glass on the top right of this page.

1 Like

Ok read thru the links you sent me, and both my base and WOC need to be updated. But when I go to where it tells me too there is not an option to update, I’m seeing that there is no updates to do. I’m using the IPhone app, the indoor cam has been updated cause I got notified of that update

1 Like

Maybe another will chime in here with another suggestion.
Meantime, open a Support Ticket and include a Log File. You’ll need to post the Log File Number in the Support Ticket and include the App Version and Firmware Versions you’re running.

Log files help us gather information about your device to help
with troubleshooting. Follow these steps to submit a log.

In the Wyze app, tap Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log.
Select your product family.
Fill out the form.
Make sure you select Send log files so that it sends the logs with the request.
Tap the Submit button when you are ready to submit the report.

I have multiple V2, pan, and WCO cams. NONE of my cameras’ clocks updated automatically with the time change. I had to go into each of my V2 and Pan cams and manually sync the time. Unfortunately, Wyze has not provided an option to do that with my WCOs so they remain an hour ahead with no apparent way to fix them.

1 Like

Hi @scotthanks Currently users are opening a support ticket for this trouble.

Here is some information to check:
Current Android App Version nbr: 2.14.35 (October 20, 2020)
current Outdoor Cam Firmware is: 4.17.0.160 (October 29, 2020)
Base Station Firmware should be: 4.17.0.169 (October 29, 2020)

Click this to Open a Support Ticket

Scroll down to the bottom of page
Contact Us
Choose support topic

Create Log File (instruction below) & post its number in the Support Ticket
Include Your Time Zone, App Version and Firmware Versions you’re running.

Log files help us gather information about your device to help with troubleshooting. Follow these steps to submit a log.

In the Wyze app, tap Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log.
Select your product family.
Fill out the form.
Make sure you select Send log files so that it sends the logs with the request.
Tap the Submit button when you are ready to submit the report.

Hi @Seapup, we used both NTP from router and Wyze app to sync time with WCO. But we found out that some base stations didn’t receive the DST time sync request we sent out and those base stations fail to update correct time to WCO. We’re still investigating the issue and in the meantime, we pushed the time sync commands to all base stations. Let me know if WCO time is still off by one hour.

4 Likes

Hi @davidnestico2001 @scotthanks @Chappy58us @Jet @brt356
Wyze pushed out a time sync command to all base stations.
Please check clock on your Wyze Outdoor Camera. Correct? Let us know, Yea or Nay

1 Like

Update: still performing internal testing before pushing updates to base station. ETA is later this afternoon. Will update here once it’s complete.

3 Likes

@WyzeLi @dr.know -
I have updated my Wyze app to v2.15.13 and the WCOs to 4.17.0.183 and the BaseStation to 4.16.0.187.

Unfortunately, none of my WCOs have updated to EST from EDT; they still show off by 1 hour. I have looked on the app for WCO for a synch button and didn’t find one; same for the BaseStation.

Please, if I am missing something - just point me in the proper direction.

Thanks

1 Like

Jumped the gun. Wyze still pushing updates, check in few hours.
Great! You have the latest updates.
Correct, there is no sync button for the Outdoor Camera.

@WyzeLi @dr.know - Thanks for confirming no “button”
Unfortunately - still no time update. Will advise any change.
Jet

1 Like