Continuous recording No playback

Greetings,
I am having an issue with the continuous recording. I reset the camera, restarted my phone and reconnected the WiFi just to make sure. I’m still getting the same message “ no video at the selected time” even though I see it moving and it’s giving me an option to pause the video at the bottom. I want to figure it out before I buy another memory card.

1 Like

What type of SD card do you have?

1 Like

Hi @altameseclarke, when you go into playback, how long are you waiting for the timeline to be populated with events? My experience is sometimes I will have to wait up to 30 - 45 seconds for the information to be downloaded from the camera to my app before I see anything on the bar.

I have a SanDisk 16gb

I sit and watch the screen just to see if something happens. I attached a screenshot of the screen.

1 Like

The message on the screen is probably correct. There is no video at the selected time. You should always get that when you open playback initially. I see a green bar there representing the current time. Did you scroll left on the time screen, or press the arrow on the left to see if would go to a prior event? Also, if you “pinch out” it will expand the timeline.

When I use Continuous Recording and open Playback near the camera, I see a solid green line indicating video was recorded and I don’t get the No video at the selected time message. Seems the OP may have a camera/card issue.

Are you viewing playback remotely or near your camera/network?

Sandisk are not good cards for applications like ours. they even go so far as to say in their warranty that use in dashcams or security cameras will void their warranty.

check out this post and maybe try out a new card, if you do make sure you get an endurance card as they are made for applications like ours. this post has a few options for cards that work well with our cameras.

I’m using a SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC UHS-I card with no problems.

Below is information on the card.

• Ideal for Android-based smartphones and tablets
  • Transfer read speeds of up to 98MB/s (Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, interface, usage conditions and other factors.)
  • Rated A1 for faster app performance (Results may vary based on host device, app type and other factors.)
  • UHS Speed Class U1 and Speed Class 10 for Full HD video recording and playback (Full HD (1920x1080) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes, and other factors.)
  • Shockproof, temperature-proof, waterproof, and X-ray-proof (Card only)
  • 10-year limited manufacturer warranty

You’re correct. I didn’t notice they mentioned they were using Continuous Recording. I stopped using that a while ago because it tends to cause issues with non-high endurance SD cards. Thanks for chiming in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried to watch it remotely and while at the house. I also slide the bar to the left, nothing happens. I’m just going to buy another sd card and see what happens.
Thank you

I have to agree with Rod2500 about the Sandisk cards. All of mine use the same cards and really have had no problems- with one exception. On a couple of them the camera wasn’t able to format the card. I started formatting them in my pc first and have had no more troubles. After pc formatting and using the cam was then able to format successfully.

I have same issues as well and all the SD cards say no card inserted!

1 Like

Hey @rod2500

im glad you are getting good use of that card but in the information you posted about it the last point was the 10 year LIMITED manufacturer warranty.

sadly use in our cameras voids that. just something to be aware of

if you ever happen to have any issues with it make sure to leave some card feed back in this post.

Good luck, report back with an update when you try a new card.

Wow hope you get your answers. As for me I know I have SD card bought from Wyse 32g and it comes up No card inserted. :thinking:

I just bought a Wyze Cam2 and I have a perfectly good SanDisc 32GB SD card. It worked on my car dash cam for weeks. The problem is not the card. It is the cam. It will NOT do continuous recording (even though it says it is doing it). It never uses any of the available space on the sd card. If I take a photo, or do a manual record, or a time lapse, it does save to the sd card which verifies that the card works fine. The cam has nothing saved when I set it on continuous record, even though it tells me that continuous recording has been set. When I insert the sd card the yellow light comes on and after a minute it goes out but I get no confirmation chime. Wyze - I need you to contact me about this. I was all set to buy more cameras and sensors and light bulbs once I tested this out. Very skeptical now.

1 Like

Hello @Emperor3 and welcome to the community.

This community for the most part is user to user. There are a few WYZE employees that come here from time to time but do not scour every post. The best bet is to submit a support request at the link provided below if you would like to get a definite response from WYZE.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I would also ask what you are seeing when you click on the view playback from the live view?

2 Likes

When I click on Playback it shows me a timeline with no green areas. If I move the slide left it says no video and I can’t move it into the future. I try to unplug the camera and plug it in again. It never makes the double chime sound, but the light eventually turns blue. It is set to continuous recording but never records anything. If I set it to even recording, it shows green boxes in the screen but never records anything.

I’m not sure why your card or your continuous recording isn’t working but if you manually take a snapshot or do a manual recording from live view, it does not save it to your SD card it puts it your album.
But , A time lapse does record to the SD card