Continual "vehicle" notifications

@carverofchoice Thanks for that information. I will play with sensitivity and detection area a bit. Seems weird that 1) now that it’s night, can cars are going by on the road and I’m seeing them being tagged as motion, I’m NOT getting alerts for them; and 2) My neighbor pulled into the driveway (shared driveway) and, we didn’t see it but he usually noses in front of our garage doors and then backs down into his carport - and I got NO alert. I’m concerned that maybe this camera isn’t as accurate as I need it to be. But I will continue to play with it.

I wish there was a resource for understanding the technology a little better - most responses I get on the forum are from people who seem to have some background on the detection zones and PIR and the interplay between them. I would love to understand the camera better.

1 Like

Yep. Looking for the off chance that something near might cause interference, not likely but just thinking outloud.

Are you live streaming the camera when the neighbor pulled into the driveway and watched it live? I believe it still be the case that when you are live viewing from the WCO, the motion detection is disabled during that time so no motion events will occur.

There is a large collection of info on the WCO support pages in a Q/A format.

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/sections/360011338891-Wyze-Cam-Outdoor

1 Like

I have a regular V2 cam inside my garage. Every time the interior garage light comes on I get a vehicle notification if there’s a car parked in the garage. Fortunately when the light is off I don’t get any notifications but if the light comes on or if the garage door opens and gets natural sunlight inside, I get a vehicle notification.

The recognized object tags arnt always the detected motion. Thats just what is detected in the frame. The camera itself detects motion, and then sends the clip to the cloud where its analyzed, the whole frame of the clip for recognized objects, then the clip is tagged as such and you are notified depending on your notification settings. @WyzeJasonJ explained it well above…

Yeah, it doesn’t really bother me at all. The first time it happened after I enabled Cam Plus on it I realized that it would probably do that every time something triggers an event and it sees a vehicle in the frame. I figured that was normal.

1 Like

Its a known thing that the AI will be improved, and known that a big request from the community is to have the motion be the only thing thats tagged, not stationary objects. During Wyze week, the AI day had a long live stream on that AI is being looked into fairly hard.

1 Like

Now the opposite is happening, which is a worse problem: the neighbor across the shared driveway pulled out this morning at 7 AM, definitely within the PIR zone at some point, and I got no alert. No event was recorded.

So I’m getting alerts for cars not moving (although this has improved with lowering my distance setting by 5 points), and not getting alerts for cars that are moving.

Updated to add that this neighbor’s driving skill is the reason we bought the camera. He has hit our house once already, we suspect, and we need to monitor. I’m not sure why the camera didn’t pick up his truck driving in OR out of the driveway but it’s very disappointing.

1 Like

Something is very clearly wrong with detection on my camera, and I’d appreciate any tips for kicking it into “gear.” My husband’s car has been parked in the lower left of our driveway (see video above) for some time, and I was getting alerts today whenever he entered his vehicle to look for something. I got alerts when he got in tonight and started it, and when the headlights came on (after dark) and lit up the driveway.

I got NO alert when his car moved across the driveway as he left.

I seem to be getting alerts for “small” movements, but not for significant ones like moving vehicles.

Welp, the neighbor just pulled in and I did get an alert for his truck, finally. But the detection is … not consistent. Is this just the level of accuracy that I need to expect, or are there still known issues that are being worked on?

1 Like

I assume you are talking about getting notifications (Alerts) on your phone. Seems to be an issue with many users, I have not had this problem with 4 WCO and 1 V3 camera “yet”.

Yes, my notifications are very messed up. I get some notifications for CamPlus events but am not currently receiving any notifications for non-CamPlus events such as sound. And currently at least one, possibly two of my V3 cams are not recording ANY events even though they are online and I can view them live and have not changed a single setting on them. They just suddenly stopped recording events. And earlier all of my cams completely stopped recording sound events…then magically they started again.

I only have 4 WCO and they are not on Cam Plus. The latest issue with them is they record at double speed with night vision on (12 second video in 6 seconds), which started with December cam firmware. My one V3 is on continuous recording to a 64GB card, and has Cam Plus. I get the cloud videos also. All my notifications for all 5 cams have worked worked consistently without change.???

Please tell me that Wyze is working to fix the AI then? This counters the utility of the camera.

Yes.

During Wyze week on the AI day, lots of talk on the future of AI.

1 Like

Makes it useless when alerts need to be disabled because of wind!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have a lot to offer as I’m a new user who happened upon this forum due to non-stop notifications of my parked car. My phone battery is drained by notifications.
There’s a storm right now so it’s detecting the light changes. I understand that. However, the Wyze app constantly alerts on clear days.
Unfortunately, the other day, a motorcycle pulled in driveway. The person walked past my car into enclosed porch. I was not alerted. I was alerted and it recorded the person leaving my porch and driving away.
It’s a bit frustrating in notified of clouds passing but not that someone drove onto driveway and entered the house.

My camera is in a 2 car garage with the door closed and I keep getting notifications of a vehicle. There is no movement at all.

Can you post an event video so we can see an example? This is happening with a Wyze Cam Outdoor?

Exactly. I have vehicle turned off because it constantly pops a notifcation for “Vehicle Detected” whenever the wind blows leaves off the tree. I don’t care about vehicles AT ALL - so just give me an option to NEVER alert me about a vehicle period…

I was just about to post about this and decided to do a search first. Sure enough, I am not the only one. We never have vehicles parked in our driveway. My wife and a friend took a trip, and her friend left her car in the driveway. Never moves, yet I am notified every 15 minutes or so. Seems to vary. I had to turn off notifications for this camera. Wyze cam pan v3. Bad thing, as our neighborhood has some knuckle draggers that mess with cars. I feel bad not knowing if someone is out there, and worry about her friend’s car.

No question, this is a flaw that needs attention.

I’m finding posts about this issue from more than TWO years ago. How has this not been addressed yet? It’s clearly a bug in the Cam Plus processing and has essentially rendered all of our outdoor cameras completely useless unless we want to be blasted with vehicle notifications at all hours of the day/night.

Any time I open a ticket about this, I get the cookie cutter “troubleshooting” steps (obviously none of which work) and the tickets are quickly closed. I’m paying a lot of money for Cam Plus Unlimited and I’m essentially throwing that money into the trash because Wyze refuses to address this bug.

I’ve been with Wyze for many, many years, but the lack of accountability and their general approach/responses to this issue has me looking into alternative camera ecosystems. Beyond frustrating.

1 Like