Connecting Wyze to Eero Pro 6 Mesh Wifi

Thanks for that suggestion as well. I did try that as well. I am beginning to think that the eero router was unfortunately a bad choice since I have too many devices that depend on a 2.4Ghz connection. Strange thing is that using the temporary 2.4Ghz option worked for my Amazon Echo 8 device and some of the smart WiFi bulbs I use in my house.

Looks like I might be returning it.

Weird, seems like when the 5ghz comes back all the devices will get kicked offline…

Yea I don’t know what else to say, turn off 5ghz temp, connect your phone to the WiFi, setup the cam, and then it should work. If it doesn’t, probably the router being cursed. Sorry.

I have had 3 different WiFi Mesh setups:

• TPLink Deco P7
  • TPLink Deco X60
  • Asus ZenWifi AX (XT8)

Never had to seperate the Mesh or turn off 5Ghz. I use the Mesh as intended (same SSID). All my Wyze Products connect without issue when I want to stream. I have not experienced any issues at all with setting up new devices either.

I am now curious as to what the difference is between what I do and others. Or if it is simply a setting in the Mesh Routers.

1 Like

Now I am curious to which of those routers worked best with your cams.

1 Like

The Asus worked best for me. My streaming issues and other issues I was having disappeared

EDIT

@graywoulf

After this discussion, one of my ASUS Nodes died a miserable Death. Will not even power on. I must have Jinxed myself. :slight_smile: In any event, I did order a replacement and am expecting it to arrive this coming week.

But I wanted to pass on that I did pull out my Deco X60’s and set it up again today. This time I set it up differently. I set it up as a Router and did not use the Verizon Provided Quantum Gateway. I have a Gigabit connection to my house as it was one of their Deals at the time. In any event, the issues I had with Streaming seems to not be happening at this time. I am monitoring to see. :slight_smile: In any event, the issue I had may have been related to me using it as an Access Point and not a router.

I wanted to provide you with an update on this and ensure I clarified some items.

Here are the speeds from the Router to the Internet:

Here are my Speeds from my Pixel6 to the Internet - obviously WiFi connected:

1 Like

When I got my Eero I named the ssid and password the same as my previous router and everything connected.

3 Likes

Yep, that is how it works. I do that all the time.

1 Like

Thank you everyone but I have solved the problem by reverting back to my Netgear Nighthawk 1700 router. All of my cams are working again and I have learned my lesson as far as upgrading routers.

Again, I thank everyone of you for your tips and suggestions. :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

What!?! 900 up!

Yeppers. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Turn off wifi on the device you are using to connect camera to network. Go to eero app and disable the 5ghz, wait 30 seconds and turn on your wifi on your phone, allow your phone to connect on it an own to the wifi network. Then go through the camera set up… Both the phone and camera have to be on the 2.4g network during set up. So far it’s finally working consistently instead of getting kicked after the 10 min 5ghz disabling.

1 Like

Solution.

1. Temporarily disable 5.0Ghz on eero router. This can be done on the eero app via the troubleshooting selection. This will disable 5 ghz for 10 minutes.
  2. Delete your eero WiFi connection in iPhone settings. (This was my initial issue, you need to do this so both your phone and camera don’t try to connect to 5 ghz and instead go to 2.4ghz.)
  3. Start the process of pairing camera to Wyze app.
  4. While the camera is pairing with the app, log back into eero WiFi.
  5. Camera should then pair with Wyze app without issue.