Color night vision not working! Brand NEW!

I tried all troubleshooting procedures for the night vision and color will still not appear. Brand new! Very frustrating considering finally got a camera that the two way speaker actually works. All my other cameras I’ve purchased the sound that came out sounds like a Charlie Brown’s teacher! Going …

1 Like

What trouble shooting steps did you try?

For my v3’s, I have night vision set to AUTO but have enough ambient light in frame that the camera doesn’t switch to black and white night vision. So make sure theirs a light source in frame that will keep it in color night vision mode

Disconnected power for 10 seconds. Restarted. Changed settings off to on to auto nothing works. IR is on. Switched dusk to dark.My V3 outdoor camera color night vision works great.

It is confusing how marketing presented it, but color night vision is not night vision at all. It is an increased sensitivity of the daylight sensor so it can see in the dark.

So you need the normal B&W night vision turned off to see color night vision. You will need a local light source to see anything, tho (yard light, full moon with cloudless sky, etc).

5 Likes

Thanks so much! Yes thats why my v3 cam outdoor shows color… I toggled my spotlight off and it was black and white. Kind of deceiving from advertising pictures.

EDIT: moved here from another crossposted thread. If the issue has already been resolved, please disregard.

A bit more info might help to figure out what is going on.

Issue 1: Color Night Vision

• In the Advanced Settings, do you have Night Vision Mode set to Off?
  • Describe what you see in the Live Stream.
  • Can you upload a screenshot?

Issue #2: Audio

• Is this only happening in one cam or is it in all cams?
  • Is this in the Live Stream, the Video Events, or microSD Playback Video?
  • Can you do a short record and upload the video that has this?
3 Likes

I tried all troubleshooting procedures for the night vision and color will still not appear. Brand new! Very frustrating considering finally got a camera that the two way speaker actually works. All my other cameras I’ve purchased the sound that came out sounds like a Charlie Brown’s teacher! Going to be my last purchase.

I thought we resolved this a few posts above, lol. Or is this the result of mods consolidating a bunch of cross-posts? You only need to post once. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That last reply was a merge from a cross post that looks to have been created before the “resolved” reply from the op. Merged here to keep all similar posts together but The chronological order seems to be off a little bit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally! Thank you for posting this! Why doesn’t the support team say this. Every troubleshooting effort with not being able to see night color and all they needed to say was turn OFF night vision. Sheesh. Thanks for posting the real solution. What a dumb way for them to word everything .