Change the size/location of the ON/OFF buttons in the app

When I first began reading this topic, I was confused about the request, but now I think I understand what @irox is asking for, and a visual might help:

Is that part of the thinking of the original post: moving those buttons laterally, as the arrows indicate?

Reading the additional posts here, one possible solution that occurs to me is the way myQ does it since an update sometime within the last couple of years. In the myQ app, the main screen shows the garage door attached to the controller, and that garage door icon acts as a big button:

Within the settings of the app, the user is given a choice about how to interact with that button:

The Press and Hold option requires the user to do a long-press on the button in order to open or close the garage door. If I press and hold the button for at least 2 seconds, then I get haptic feedback (the phone vibrates momentarily to let me know that the command is initiating) and then the door begins its open or close sequence, as appropriate.

I can totally see how easy it is to turn cameras off by mistake, and I’ve had the same experience with lights and plugs. If Wyze could add a setting that gives the user options regarding how the ON/OFF button works, then I’d be all for that. Even better would be if that could be a per-device or per-group setting. In other words, maybe I want some lights to have an easy one-tap ON/OFF toggle, but maybe I want to add that extra protection so that I have to press-and-hold the button for my camera or camera group. I’ll give this’n a vote.

1 Like