Capture all motion events without requiring sound, so motions of the 5-minute "cooldown" period will not be omitted

@pcdmu2002, I moved your post to #ask-the-community due to some misconceptions in your original post. Let me try to clarify some points.

The 12 second motion detection clips are totally independent of the 12 second sound detection clips. The five minute cool down is present whether or not you have sound detection and/or sound recording enabled. The five minute cool down also applies to sound detection clips, but each type of clip has it’s own independent cool down period.

For example, if you had a motion detection at 12:00, you will not get another motion detection clip until after 12:05. However, if there is sound detected at 12:02 (but no sound in the previous five minutes), you will still get the 12:02 sound detection clip.

I’m not sure where you got the impression that the five minute cool down for motion clips is related to sound. But if there is documentation somewhere in the Support section that is misleading, please let us know so we can get it corrected.

At this time, the five minute cool down per detection type can not be waived or adjusted. It is there to allow Wyze to be able to provide free cloud storage.

If you want to bypass the cool down, you can install a microSD card in the camera and then record either continuously or unlimited motion events up to the size of the card.

You can also hop over to the post below and vote for Wyze to implement a subscription that will eliminate or reduce the cool down. Be sure to click the VOTE button at the top:

2 Likes