Can't log into Wyze app on my phone but I can on laptop and tablet

I’m not sure which forums is correct for this, but I am having issues logging into the Wyze app on my android phone (Samsung S21). I can log into my account on my laptop and can log into the app with my samsung tablet.

The app on my phone is telling me that the username or password is incorrect, which I know is wrong.

I’ve already restarted the phone and reinstalled the app, but nothing seems to fix this.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Make sure you don’t have caps lock on, make sure spaces and everything are correct.

If your sure it’s correct, try uninstalling the app on your phone and installing it again.

1 Like

Welcome to the User Community Forum @skraemer2021!

Do you have a VPN app enabled on your phone that may be blocking your login?

When my VPN is in lockdown mode after using it for a secure encrypted connection, and I forget to open it back up to standard traffic, my Wyze login will do this:

Since I am using a fingerprint verified auto fill for my username and password from my password manager, I know it is entered correctly.

Open up the VPN doors and login is successful.

3 Likes

If you are running something that prefills the username field, selecting username from the keyboard’s smart typeahead choices or pasting the username into the input field, check for an invalid space appended to the username. Same for the password. Tap the show hidden text icon to the right of the input field to verify that no space is appended.

2 Likes

Yep vpn was the issue.

Thanks everyone for your help. I was pulling out my hair trying to figure out what was going on.

2 Likes

Disconnecting VPN seems to resolve the problem, but why is this a problem in the first place?!? And it’s not mentioned anywhere but on this forum post either!

VPN software has been discussed other places in the forum, but it is essentially the same discussion.

The VPN app on your phone, whichever particular brand, militantly controls the connections that your phone can make thru WiFi and Mobile Data. If you are using a VPN App that utilizes a server, it probably encrypts your data as well. These keep unknown sites and servers from connecting to your phone, mining your metadata, and draining your data plan.

If the Wyze App isn’t Whitelisted in that VPN App, it is Blacklisted by default. That means no connection. All VPNs have to be configured on the VPN side. Wyze has no control over that.

The VPN App I use allows me to edit my Whitelist by App for both WiFi and Mobile Data. I tell it what apps can and can’t connect. If an app tries to connect, I can review the blocked logs to decide if it is necessary to whitelist it.

I use a different server\hardware based app for a total lockdown point-to-point secure connection when I need to log into a secured server. That one locks down all traffic except the app using the tunnel. If I forget to shut that off, nothing works.

2 Likes