Cannot reset my Wyze V2

Ok, didn’t know if it was left out and restarted normally, without any factory reset attempts.

I am all out of ideas!

Sounds like maybe the button contact on that camera isn’t hitting. Corrosion, misalignment… Could be fixed by blowing it out or disassembling and using an eraser / alcohol.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue. I cannot reset my cam pan. The blue light blinks for hours, I never hear a sound, if I continue without a sound it never connects. No card installed. I took the back off the camera and it looks very difficult to get to the switch and test it or clean it. I think the camera is history because the switch does not work.

I only received the cam pan v2 yesterday. It successfully connected once but it had to be moved and it won’t reset. I hear something rattling around inside.

I have the Wyze Pan v2 model and my factory reset is not working either. Camera says offline (error code 90) and no matter what I try I cannot get it to work or reset

I have two v2 cam that I’m trying to add to my setup. The devices have never been on my network. After reading all the steps above, the cams power up (yellow light) then after 5 seconds go to the flashing blue light. Never heard any voice prompts. The reset process didn’t work. I assume these v2 cams are now bricks?

Not necessarily. I had a couple go mute after the recent firmware flashing fun.

1 Like

Try manual flash firmware 1002.

1 Like

same issue here. I have tried everything mentioned on the forums but it is still the blinking blue/yellow light. I have tried factory resets, firmware updates, leaving it unplugged, etc. It is basically a paper weight now. Complete junk. I am so glad I do not own more than two Wyze cams. I have 11 iSmart cameras that work flawlessly. I only bought the Wyze cams because I was not able to find any more iSmart cameras on Ebay but luckily I was able to aquire a few more iSmart cameras recently and only use the Wyze cameras as back up if needed.

yeah i have this same issue. manual flash firmware doesn’t work also. sad

Hmmm. This problem would be better solvable with a log that shows exactly what the cam is doing but I’m not aware of Wyze making that available to the user (although its been years since I looked at what’s on the sd card from the firmware). A light just doesn’t state anywhere near enough info. That was a problem I ran into on a V3 and the light didn’t change because it didn’t like the sd card and the light is not a good indicator of that.

But, going on say a blinking blue light, it would point to a firmware issue or connection issue with either the cam or the app (or whatever. Stuff like that.) and it stays ultra highly vague like that lol. 90% or more possibly of people won’t ever be able to solve it like that.