Cannot find specified network name

I too have been having this problem with a new Wyze cam, except it fails to connect, no matter how long I wait. When setting up, I have to manually type in the SSID but keep getting the “cannot find specified network name” response. I have three other cameras that have been up and running for several months. I was in contact with support, and after lots of trouble shooting, it was deemed defective and a replacement is on the way.

Sooo, just today, after getting back from vacation, I see one of the older cameras is offline. After deleting it and attempting to reconnect, I am getting the same error with that camera. Time after time, “cannot find specified network name”. I start to wonder if the apostrophe in my SSID might be causing a problem, even though the cameras in the past were set up without issue. The reason why I considered this is because it didn’t remember having to type the SSID in the past, so the name was a flag for me. I renamed my wifi network w/o the apostrophe, attempted to set up the camera, and boom, connected without a problem. Grabbed the “defective” camera, boom, connected without a problem.

I upgraded the firmware on both, hoping that might resolve the issue, but it did not. I changed the SSID name back with an apostrophe, and tried setting them up again and would get the name error again. Looks like you’ve got an apostrophe bug. So now my option is to change the SSID so all the cameras work, but will then need to reenter my somewhat long wifi password on all of my other devices in the house, which would be a bit of a pain.

I’m running ios 13 and the latest Wyze cam app.

1 Like