Can you change the 5 minute cool down?

I have the CamPlus and it records for longer than the 12 seconds, but there is still a 5 minute delay between recordings a lot of the time! Is there a way to change that? I want it to record ANYTIME there is movement or sound and not have a delay. I miss a lot of what happens and I want to remove any type of delay or cooldown. Thanks!

With Cam plus on a outdoor camera you can adjust cooldown time between zero and five minutes in settings , event recording , the other cameras with Cam plus there should automatically be no cooldown

I assume you are using a Wyze Outdoor cam. Tap the gear icon top right on the app home page, go to event recording and change the cooldown time to no cooldown.

Actually no, this is all for interior cameras. Is it still the same?

If you are on a V2, Pan, or V3 camera and have CamPlus set up for that camera, there is no cool-down.

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze community @jdjohnson18!
As others have said, Cam Plus removes the video length limit and cooldown time. Have you tested to see if the camera will capture the motion or if the cooldown still exists?
When Cam Plus is applied to a camera, the cooldown time will be removed automatically.

1 Like

Yes, the cooldown still exists and I have cam plus. See pics here, you can see that it’s every 5 minutes roughly.
Screenshot_20210526-143435

From the homepage of the app click on accounts, then click on services, then what does it show for active or available licenses? If you have a active license click that to see if that camera is selected. Based on your screenshot of the event tab it does not look like those videos are camplus videos. Cam plus videos show a time length of the clip next to the thumbnail.

3 Likes

That doesn’t like Cam Plus is activated to me.

CP on events are in Green, the two I have marked with stars have CP off.

2 Likes

I agree. I was just about to post this. I added camplus to front door just for this test. Others are not camplus cams at the time.

1 Like

Cool down time is to force you to pay a monthly fee…

1 Like

No one is forcing you to pay for CamPlus service. For free you get basic service. Optionally, you can pay for an upgraded service. There are several levels of upgraded service - including CamPlus lite which can still be free.

Cooldown time is to limit the excessive Cloud Storage space, paid for by Wyze, for customers who are not paying for it when cams are uploading constantly 24\7 at max sensitivity. Both no subscription and Cam Plus Lite have this restriction since both can be free. When you don’t pay for storage space, you don’t get to use storage space.

TBH, comparing the cost to value of Wyze competitor plans, I am baffled Wyze isn’t charging more for Cam Plus. Their pricing is highly competitive for the features being provided. I can’t expect to be upgraded to First Class without paying for it when I choose to fly Economy Coach on standby. I also can’t blame the airline when it was my choice to book the Economy Coach seat.

Is it possible you are using a Wyze Outdoor type camera inside your house (like the Outdoor v2 on this link)? If so that would explain the default 5 minute cool down time.