Can the Wyze Cam Floodlight power a Wyze Cam Pan v2 or Wyze Cam v3 Pro?

I have a few Cam Floodlights, two of which are each powering a single Wyze Cam v2. I’d like to upgrade those to Wyze Cam v3 Pro’s and perhaps even a Wyze Cam Pan v2 but I need to know the USB port will provide adequate power to those devices. Although the tech specs say “1 port for an additional Wyze Cam v3” I’m not finding any real documentation that talks about how much power the USB port can supply.

Try it and see

When you supply the boom lift and both cameras I will.

Damn how high do you have them LOL

:rofl::sob: They’re about 25 feet up and I can’t safely reach the USB port from a window up there. I was hoping someone here might have already tried but I can just as easily open a support ticket for this.

This is very late lol, but it has been confirmed by Wyze that the floodlight usb port can POWER both those cams (one at a time ofc). However no data can be transferred as the v3 is the only cam that can control the floodlignt.

2 Likes

If it helps, I power a Pan Cam V3 with a 15 foot extension cable from the spare USB power port on my wyze floodlight. It runs without any problems. The Pan Cam V3 comes with a 2A power supply, so assuming it needs 2A, then the floodlight must be outputting 2A to the spare USB port.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply @IEatBeans !
When the Cam Pan v3 landed, I opened a support ticket/case with Wyze asking about compatibility between the Cam Pan v3 and Wyze Cam v3 Pro, and this was their response:

"We have your inquiry raised to the team and Wyze Cam Pan v3 can be powered by your Wyze Cam Floodlight so you should be able to use the USB port on the floodlight. On the other hand, Wyze Cam v3 Pro is not compatible with Wyze Cam Floodlight. I’m afraid you won’t be able to use the camera with your Floodlight. "

I was really surprised at their response considering, presumably anyway, the Cam Pan v3 would consume more power than a v3 Pro due to the motorized components.

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you come across that information from Wyze?

Thanks for the response here @B57 and I appreciate the confirmation. I opened a support case/ticket when the Cam Pan v3 was released and they confirmed the floodlight would work with that. Curiously they said the Cam v3 Pro was “not compatible” which was surprising. (Full quote from support in another thread here.)

To close the loop on this: Here’s what Wyze Support had to say about the floodlights powering a Wyze Cam v3 Pro and Wyze Cam Pan v3:

"We have your inquiry raised to the team and Wyze Cam Pan v3 can be powered by your Wyze Cam Floodlight so you should be able to use the USB port on the floodlight. On the other hand, Wyze Cam v3 Pro is not compatible with Wyze Cam Floodlight. I’m afraid you won’t be able to use the camera with your Floodlight. "

I can’t find it, but I believe it was mentioned in an AMA. I asked the other Wyze mavens and they also remember hearing it.

I believe Wyze support is meaning the v3pro cannot control the floodlight, but it is still able to be powered.

I have brought it up and will see if Wyze can get that corrected.

1 Like

I just realized I have the v3pro on my floodlight right now :man_facepalming:

It’s working flawlessly though :+1:

2 Likes

You rock!

2 Likes

I’m considering purchasing a couple of the Floodlight Camera’s, and wanted to know if the V3 Pro’s are mounted where the V3 normally sits, and is able to control any floodlight features? or do you have the V3pro connected as a 2nd camera via the USB Port and power it that way, while continuing to use the V3 mounted on the Floodlight Camera.

I’m also concerned that the Floodlight Camera is on sale due to a newer model in the pipeline t be released… but will just have to roll the dice and hope I’m not buying ‘old technology’ when a newer model is coming out soon.

SJ

1 Like

The v3 pro will NOT recognize the floodlight accessory. The back usb port can power up the v3 pro though

I read this article back in January about wyze releasing a 2k floodlight camera and 2k battery camera. Not sure how reliable it is but it’s a good read.

1 Like

Yes as rulwiz said, the v3pro uses the extra usb port and mounts separately off the floodlight, and a v3 will be needed to control the floodlight.

I designed this 3D printer mount to allow for a 180 degree view using 2 v3 cams, but a v3pro inplace of one of the v3s would work as well.

2 Likes