Can I set of an alarm when a freezer is left open?

I have a sensor on my freezer in my garage, Is there anyway to make a rule on the sensor that if it’s left open for 1 minute to set off an alarm on the camera that’s in the kitchen to tell people to close the freezer?

1 Like

In your Notifications tab, you have a choice of open, closed, left open, left closed. If you choose the left open you can then choose for how long. Once you have this set up then if you have Amazon Alexa, you can set up a routine for it to alarm, say a phrase or make a noise from which ever Alexa device you choose. I have it for my garage fridge if left open and makes big siren noise on my phone. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Curious…how do you choose to activate the routine when the door has been open for “X” seconds? I can set up the Wyze part, but when I go to the routines in Alexa, I only have two options - Sensor Open or Sensor Close. I want to do the same thing with the freezer door in our garage. It got left cracked slightly a couple weeks ago and we lost a good bit of food. Don’t want that to happen again.

I didn’t see how to do this in Alexa… where it would trigger something after a time period, so I stayed in the Wyze eco system, and if I leave my fridge or freezer in the garage open for > 3 min, I have many Wyze Color Lights and Strip lights that light the house up in RED to tell me to return to the garage and close the door correctly

I’d prefer to have an audible alarm via the Wyze Sense Hub and/or Alexa when that time threshold occurs.

SJ