Cameras disappeared

All 3 of my cameras disappeared. When I open the app all I get is ‘+ New Device’
Still getting motion alerts though.

What’s going on here?

1 Like

Try force closing the app, then relaunch it.

Did that. Still missing.
And now I’m getting motion alerts on a camera I never had alerts turned on.

Try logging out of the app and then back in. If that doesn’t work, try deleting the app and reinstalling it from the app store/google play,

Logging out/back in worked. I changed my forum password earlier today and apparently that’s my new wyze account password as well.
Weird.
Are account passwords and forum passwords one in the same now?

1 Like

Yes, one Wyze account for both

1 Like

My 2 cameras out of 4 also just disappeared from the APP on 25 Aug 2019 for no reason.
Since I am also away from the cameras, I don’t know what to do to bring them back.
I already logged off and reinstall the app but that did not work for me.
Any other suggestion, anybody?

That’s not good.

If the WYZE app tried the now invalid login/password combo, it should have indicated to the user that there’s some sort of an error. Instead it remained silent and showed no cameras.

If this is by design, then this is a support nightmare.

1 Like

The only thing that comes to mind is that someone set up the cameras to a different account. Since you say you are away from the cameras, might that be possible?

Not a chance, nobody is tech savvy there to do it. It’s just my parents who live there.

Is there a chance they did something by accident enough that it caused this?

not a chance, my mom doesn’t even have phone and my dad doesn’t have WYZE app on his phone. they wouldn’t even try to touch it because i bolt it down inside the casing. i am sure it a software glitch.

I only asked because I have not heard of this issue before so I just wanted to rule out other things first

Mine are doing the same thing. Losing one by one by one. Tried everything mentioned above. still no change😡

I just started getting the same thing. Both my camera disappeared… No reason. Tried uninstalling. Clearing cache… I get failed messages appearing and reappearing…

Same just happened to me. These are the folks that want to offer me a subscription to monitor my home? Show me that you can stop breaking things that already worked before trying to rebrand yourself as reliable security.

1 Like

I have the same issue just now, and updated the app. Tried to add them again but thus far nothing is working

Same here – all my Wyze Cameras are missing in the App.
I have logout and login, and no Cameras
I have uninstall and now stuck at “waiting for download” in Google Play
There is something wrong with Wyze’s release testing since this was not caught!

Just woke up and my 3 cams are nowhere to be found in the app on my Android phone. The app has been running on another device and I can watch the shared cam there. I reinstalled the app on my phone, disabled Wi-Fi, logged back in. Still nothing there. And then suddenly after about 5 minutes… ~poof! all 3 cams reappeared. It seems something had been going on with the Wyze servers?? I hope it’s not some big hacking and we’ll learn soon that all customer data was breached!

I just saw this too after the app updated. I restarted my phone, and that didn’t help. So I came here to investigate this new issue, figuring that I can’t be the only one. Looks like I am not!

In the time that it took to read some posts here, the app just fixed itself.

Plus, in the time it’s taken to write this post, DTourist has reported the same experience!