Cameras are in the trash

Wish I could say the same.

I’ve had many problems over time with mine. Maybe not a hardware issue with the camera itself but who knows.

The latest issue is that the cameras are recording shorter and shorter clips with motion or person detection. This correlated to a firmware ‘update’.

So your beliefs are based upon conspiracy theory.

Just a quick update. I decided to purchase another mesh router over the weekend, this time the eero 6e mesh. Spent hours configuring my new network and connecting all my devices. Wyze cams are still randomly disconnecting/buffering/freezing randomly. So now I’ve tested Netgear, Google, TP-Link, and eero routers with Wyze with no great success. At this point, it is Wyze hardware/software, it’s complete trash. I’ve canceled my Plus subscription, tossing all my Wyze hardware on eBay, and I’m ordering either a Eufy or Arlo system. It’s more money but at least it works, my time is more valuable than dealing with this terrible company.

2 Likes

Curious, I am just wondering, how do you know either Eufy or Arlo works, - is better, as good as or worse than Wyze?

2 Likes

That’s a great question. I actually have no experience with Eufy, so that was an incorrect statement on my part. After stopping any Wyze recommendations to friends and family, I installed an Arlo Pro 4 (4-pack) for a friend this past fall. Every time we speak I ask about any issues he may have with the setup, so far everything works flawlessly. The time it takes to view a feed on both Android and web browsers is less than 2 seconds, with no disconnections/freezes/lag. Two cameras are mounted outdoors and two inside, with various distances from his router. Yet, they still all load almost simultaneously. This is in comparison to Wyze, where the Android/Web Portal feed takes between 3 - 15 seconds, if at all. Then it proceeds to crash at random times with “Failed to connect”, “The device is offline”, or just endlessly stuck at “Loading Live Stream”.

I’m also basing this on reviews and forums online. Though I’m not naive to think all these companies are without issue, I do see a substantial increase in people posting Wyze issues on various forums vs Eufy/Arlo. Who knows, I may run into similar or a whole new set of problems, but I’m not burning any more calories with Wyze.

Add Reolink to cameras and services BETTER than Wyze,
Yes I have several…

I’ve been researching Reolink this morning. Ethernet networking and power is intriguing. I’m not completely sold on battery/solar capabilities at this point and don’t mind spending time wiring a system together. The fact that Wyze had so many wired camera options is what initially sold me, but that proved to be problematic in itself. The stock power supplies aren’t great so I ended up spending money on Wyze Outdoor Power Adapters for each of my cameras for some more stability. Come to think of it, the money I spent on power adapters and Wyze plugs to schedule camera resets didn’t make Wyze such a bargain after all.

This just came out today. Wise up.

Before the firmware update my camera did work on my network. [Mod Edit]

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

There seems to be a greater and greater divide between Wyze users who have had quite reliable connections and performance from the products vs. those who don’t.

My recommendation is for Wyze to pick out a handful of unhappy customers with connection/performance problems representative of the majority of complaints, check out their cameras, logs, configuration, etc., and work with them directly to find the cause.

Although I’d say most of them are probably too unhappy to spend anymore time to work with Wyze, hopefully a few of them would. At the end of the day, hopefully the fixes will make the system work better for all of us.

EDIT: I have mentioned that I’ve had no connection problems for the past year, but that was changed right after my last post as one of my V2s went offline. I did get it back up when I clicked the restart camera button though.

Also wanted to clarify that I don’t work for Wyze. Their cameras and plugs have simply worked well enough for me.

I’m one of those people who’s very unhappy with Wyze but invested enough time and money to where I would love to see a solution. I try opening tickets with support, but so far, I either get scripted answers that involve continuously factory resetting devices or these tickets end up being pushed to the engineering teams with no end response. In the end, nothing seems to be getting accomplished.

I absolutely agree. You would be one of the best customers for Wyze to work with, if they are willing to do it.

When I worked in Support, the times when the software improved in stability and feature the most was when a team went on customer site to gather data and have quick turnaround. Just saying…

Thanks Wild Bill. I remember the first time I had an adult beverage. I probably said something just as smart too.

Do you even know what a conspiracy is? It sure looks like you don’t. I hope you got the apology email from wyze after they had another security breach.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Sometimes We Disagree

1 Like

My Reolinks are far more reliable than my Wyze Cams, Slowly but Surely they will replace all my Wyze cams as they die off…

I won’t buy anymore Wyze products.

I just purchased 5 new cameras from another brand that will be replacing my 4 wyze cameras. Been with wyze for 6 years. Saying bye after ive seen a huge lack of attention from wyze to on-going issues ive reported along with others. That 2/16/24 breach was an eye opener. Bye wyze, waiting for my new cameras to show up.

I have 7 V3’s with no issues and they are all working flawlessly. Motion detection works really good and Im very happy with my Wyze products and my unlimted cam plus subscription. I have been with Wyze for about 2 years now and these cameras do work great!

We have 18 cameras, one more on the way. Kinda feeling like 18 kids and counting but they’re such a joy to have. I o ly had one issue with a camera but that was my fault. I put the camera up high, moved the shelf and it konda sorta fell to its death and won’t pan anymore. We call it cyclops because it can’t track motion without clicking like its having a seizure (not funny) Overall, we’re very happy with all our on-duty cameras :blush::ok_hand:

Would you mind sharing what kind of router(s) you’re using in your home? Any custom firmware? What internet provider and speeds?