Camera plays a sound (eg. siren) on motion or on demand

Yes!! I used to have an app that I could monitor my dog (set up iPad at home and could watch on my phone) and it would let you pre-record commands, etc. So if I was in a meeting and saw that my dog was doing something she shouldn’t, all I had to do was press the “stop” command that would then play to my dog. It would let you record many different commands so I could also “praise” her when she stopped, or tell her to lay down. It was soooo handy for those situations where it would not have been appropriate for me to start yelling into my phone to get her attention.

1 Like

Yes! This is exactly what I need!

I have wyze cam at my front door. Where there are so many sparrow and pigeon come in the morning. Even one time they struck my wyze cam and i had to re align the angle of view.
One day i opened the bird chasing sound from my computer. And send that sound thru my phone to the wyze Speaker. It did work, chased the birds away.
If Wyze can put the function of recording sound and play back will be very useful.

1 Like

I would like the ability to either pre-record messages and/or load audio files to be played back trough the Wyze camera’s 2-way audio function. Maybe also have the playback attached to the motion detection or event detection.

Practically this could be used to play back announcements like “please leave packages at the back door” or “This area under video surveillance” either when motion is detected or on user command from the mobile app. But in reality I would probably use this to play back quotes from movies and video games to my friends and family.

And I’d like the capability to play a message that was camera and event specific, like “person detected on camera 2”.

That’s what I’ve done on my Android phone using the “Tasker” app. Tasker can intercept Wyze notifications (on the phone). This allows me to create custom alerts in Tasker. For instance, I have an alert that consists of three loud beeps, followed by spoken "Montion detected in… ", followed by a “Red” colored pop-up alert (on the phone screen) that shows the text from the Wyze notification, when inside motion is detected.

It was extra work to set it up (in Tasker), but it’s cool and was the best option I had since my version of Android (v6.0.1) does not allow the Wyze notification sound to be changed.

With the sensors being able to have one or more camera speakers say “front door open” or 'front door closed’as a customized message.

:+1: for Tasker. (Coupled with Join and IFTTT to do the same.)

1 Like

Hey Rick,

If you don’t mind, can you tell me how you’re using Tasker with Join and IFTTT? I also have a wifi (IFTTT capable) alarm/siren that I can trigger with IFTTT. However, with the current Wyze IFTTT implementation, I had to create a separate IFTTT applet for each motion/contact sensor and camera. Then when I leave, I have to toggle each of the applets on, one-at-a-time, to arm the siren – not to mention having to use shortcuts in the Wyze app to turn on cameras and notifications (way too much trouble to be practical).

Currently, I’m trying to figure out a way to toggle multiple IFTTT applets at one time. Do you have any suggestions?

Basically, I used this as an example and then just made it work with Wyze service: IFTTT – Tasker and Join Should be straight forward, if you already own Join.

Right now, I’m trying to go the other way. Use Google Assistant and IFTTT to initiate a Webhook to run a Tasker profile. Not quite working though…

1 Like

Thanks Rick, I’ll check it out.

FWIW - if you have any issues, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

And as an FYI, I did get the Google Assistant to IFTTT to Tasker bit working, so now I can tell Google I am home, and Tasker will run a profile to turn on wifi, turn off notifications, etc… and vice versa. I am not a fan of the inconsistancy of geofencing or location profile triggers so I wanted something less fragile.

1 Like

This new product will snap into the back of any Wyze Camera, just like the Wyze Sense Bridge does. It will have ??GB of storage that will let you record or upload mp3 files from the Wyze App on your phone. This could be a recorded “front door is open”, “front door is closed”, “person detected by pool”, “someone forgot to close the back door”, or a “red alert” alarm sound of your choosing. You can select if you want the sound files to play just once or set a duration for how often and how many times you want it to repeat. Another triggered event can stop one or more sound. If you want the sound to keep looping it will do that until you acknowledge and stop the sound via a Wyze Sense switch or other IFTTT trigger. You also can stop the cycle through Google Assistant, Alexis, or your Wyze App.
The software in this bridge will let you mimic using the Wyze App to talk through one or more camera speakers by playing one or more of the mp3 files as a triggered event. The Wyze app will let you see how much storage space you have left on the Wyze Sound Bridge. All files on the bridge can be played and reviewed through the app.
At a $20 launch price we are proud to add yet another great product at a great price.

Please vote for this to “make it so”.

I’d be willing to pay $20 for a device the size of the sense bridge that plugs into the back of a camera. This device would have 32-64gb of storage space and the Wyze app could upload or record mp3 files to this device. With sound files loaded they now could be triggered upon an event. They could play one or more times on one or more cameras. An option to have the sound file play every X seconds until acknowledged thru the app or via another trigger (Wyze sensor, smart light switch via IFTTT, etc.)

1 Like

The camera’s got a speaker and a SD card slot already - it’s got all the hardware it needs to do what you’re asking, all we need is some software development! :slight_smile:

Cool. It would be nice to have a single source for files like:
–Front door has been opened

–Front door has been closed

–Garage door has been left opened for 25 minutes (and in this case this trigger could make the event repeat until acknowledged)

Vs having to put that same mp3 on every camera.

And have an option to play that sound clip on one or all cameras. With the mp3 file stored on one camera’s card would it be capable of playing on all cameras or optionally just one camera, which might not be the camera with the card?

The app on the phone should be able to list all available files to be played on one or more cameras based on a triggered event. Being able to upload or record files from app to card would be ideal.

Thanks!

Give each camera with a SD card installed a checkbox in the UI “Play custom audio” - if that’s on, the camera will download all the audio files stored in the app. A SD card will hold a silly amount of MP3 audio, there’s plenty of space to store a copy of all the audio files on each cam.

Cool. Sounds like we just need some software development time :wink:

An easy 5 minute job. Like everything computer related is!

1 Like

I’m not sure that my thought on this has been clearly expressed. I would like the camera to play a sound file when motion is detected. For example. My front door motion sensor triggers an event recording. I would like for it to trigger an autoplay of an audio file greeting whom/whatever cause the triggered event. Something like, “Welcome, please be aware that you and your voice are being recorded for your security and mine.”

1 Like

Hello,
I think that Wyze should make a camera that sounds an alarm when it detects a person. This camera should be able to be scheduled so that it does not sound an alarm when you don’t want it to.