Cam v3/v2 how to change the length of recording to SD card

From the Camera in question, in the wyze app, I select “View Playback”.
Since I have recording set at “Events Only” (under Advanced Settings->Record to MicroSD Card), I need to select the “<” or “>” to navigate to the last video that was recorded, or even to move to previous instances.

The example I’ve attached here shows the event recording ends however the vehicle on the right (circled) is still backing up into the driveway on the right.

Do you have any detection zones set that may be excluding that area? To see the timeline better you can also do a pinch and zoom on the timeline to see precisely where the videos fall

I’ve already zoomed in to the max that the app lets me.
“Detection zone” is set to “Off”.

It seems that the camera is recording exactly 1 min and cutting the recording there regardless of whether motion still exists.

Here’s another example.
The truck highlighted is in motion driving down the street.
The event recording cuts off right at the minute mark.

1 Like

And before you ask, adding screenshots of the settings.

Well the screenshot you posted shows a video starting at 9:52 am and one at 9:54 am, that rules out it somehow being caused by the cooldown, since the cooldown is 5 minutes. If I am understanding correctly in both videos the object is moving away from the camera, have you tried increasing the sensitivity?

1 Like

I will increase it to 100 and see how that goes.
But likely that will flag every single movement right? even a bird flying by.

Yes 100 will most likely flag every movement, I am hoping we can find a sweet spot that will flag those vehicles still in picture but going away and not every last bug that flies by

1 Like

IF they have changed that setting to include the SD card too.

In the meantime, it will probably do as you describe on the cloud captures! :slight_smile:

Do you subscribe to CamPlus for those cameras?

Perfectly said.

Not for that camera.
And why should I need to when I am recording the detected motion to SD card?

I use the Wyze event to highlight when something has happened, then I view playback and navigate using the “<, >” buttons to the recorded event on the SD card.

I’ve changed the “motion detection sensitivity” to 70 and that seems to be a good compromise to ensure the recording continues whilst not capturing every single bird/insect flying past the view of the camera.

1 Like

@jodasm
I am glad you found settings that will work for you

What do you mean that they don’t record reliably?

For me, they frequently don’t record at all (at this point for years at a time) even though the camera recognizes them and is set for continuous recording. Reformatting and reinserting rarely helps for more than a few minutes. Footage is never there when I need and check it. For the brief periods it did work, the access and playback were quite slow on my cameras.

Well it killed only one of my cameras so I suppose I should be grateful? I won’t be able to climb up there until the weather improves. Already tried cutting power.

Unfortunately this did not improve. Still about 30 seconds.

This forced “upgrade” was a complete negative.