Cam Plus AI - Provide separate AI Detection and Notification options

I’ve voted on wishlist. My camera faces the street so we get some traffic driving be the house. I’ve turned off all other motions but still get notifications for “motion”. I tried turning off vehicles but then got increase in person or motion notifications. Separate would be great as if like to know but don’t need to know everything. Phone literally goes off every 2-5mins for vehicle.

3 Likes

Seperate Cam Plus AI notifications

Currently Cam Plus AI notifications are grouped, Pet, Person, Vehicle, Package. Meaning if a user wants to have pet AI motion recorded but not receive notifications, it is not possible. Please allow for AI notifications to be seperated to allow to individual notifications.

1 Like

Option to choose which AI alert we receive

The AI is a great option, but it might be a little TOO good. I’d love a drop-down menu to choose which of the AI triggers I want an alert for. (ie, I live on a busy road, so a vehicle alert is really annoying all day long). Let us check / uncheck which alerts notify us.

I have the same problem, busy road. I have my cameras set for person only.

1 Like

Open the app got to settings> Notifications> make your choice, I have all other motions events off. Then go to event setting and chose what AI events you want.

Separate AI event recording and notifications

I would like to record all AI events for later review but only care to receive notifications for select AI event types.

For instance my driveway cam would record all events but I don’t care to be notified for every car that drives by. I would like to be notified for people in my driveway, but record and review at a later date the other AI event categories.

3 Likes

Notifications for only person detection

highly recommend you add a way to have notifications for person detection only.
I nearly missed that I had an intruder in my house because I thought the AI notifications were detecting my pet.

3 Likes

Can’t this all be in one place in the app? For each AI event, for each camera, there should be two check boxes - record event and send notification. For example…

Pet Detection: Record on all Cameras (checkbox), Send Notifications on All Cameras (checkbox)
Camera 1: Record Events (checkbox) Send Notifications (Checkbox)
Camera 2: Record Events (checkbox) Send Notifications (Checkbox)

Package Detection: Record on all Cameras (checkbox), Send Notifications on All Cameras (checkbox)
Camera 1: Record Events (checkbox) Send Notifications (Checkbox)
Camera 2: Record Events (checkbox) Send Notifications (Checkbox)

3 Likes

Myself and others are testing a Beta Release of the app. This feature seems to be in this release.

6 Likes

It’s got a few kinks to be worked out in the beta, but this is very exciting! :slight_smile: So glad they’ve been working on this.

3 Likes

Can anyone download this beta version or do you have to be a part of a testing group? With my situation I can’t accurately rely on my notifications without these changes.

This has more information on how to become a beta tester:

Keep in mind that beta versions of things can have some bugs. It’s not right for everyone…and since Wyze just put out a “Release Candidate” version of the 2.28 app, it is likely to become available to most everyone pretty soon. But, if you really don’t want to wait and you understand there could be some bugs, you can consider joining Beta. :wink:

1 Like

I just joined the beta specifically so I could get this feature. Doesn’t seem to be working for me even though its listed in the beta release notes. Here’s hoping it just starts working suddenly. I am impatient for this feature, but I will put on my patience hat if I have to :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Notification options on the v3 is being worked on. Hopefully it wont be to much longer. I know they added it back for the v2 and Cam Pan v2 and V1.

1 Like

Ah cool. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

AI notifications vs AI recordings

I would like to put in a wish list item so that we can have separate notifications and recordings, this means that I can have my outside front cams only notify me for people and not every car that drives by but if I go into my recordings looking for a car or package I can still see those instead of just motion alerts with no idea what is in the video. I don’t think this itself is in the wishlist section but I may have overlooked it.

So an example is.
AI notifications section
AI recordings section.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Any updates on this feature for v3 cams? I still don’t see it in the beta version of the android app. I have tried the stated methods of turning the notifications off and on etc.

Yeah what’s going on? The latest public update version 2.28.0 says that this feature was added!

But… it’s not. The update release notes are just… wrong?

I asked Wyze support why the release notes say the feature was added, but it was not working and they just had me do dumb tech support stuff like re-install the app. I don’t think the feature is actually added yet, the release notes are unfortunately wrong. :frowning:

It was released in 2.28.0. It is working for all Cams except the V3. There was an issue with the V3 Cameras, Wyze is working on it and it will be fixed in a future Firmware Release. (Date Unknown). Not sure why Wyze Support is unaware of this?

1 Like

Thank you!! That is good to know.

Hopefully they resolve the issue with v3 soon. Dying for this feature.