Cam Pan v4 Ideas

Please provide software update that allows lower compression an higher frame rate for local SD card storage. Image compression edge artifacts are horrific with motion. All other features fall into the dumpster when image quality on playback fails to deliver.

1 Like

WiFi and cordless power are mutually contradictory. WiFi is a high-power standard.

I don’t know, my 2 PTZ WiFi cams run for weeks without a problem. Obviously, they are not set to pan constantly and they have much larger batteries than a wyze cam. They also stay connected fairly consistently.

Oh cool! What model?

Oh, come on Paul. Put 5 or 6 random letters together and you got it :rofl: Basically Conico, but they got booted off Amz for buying reviews, so whatever company they’ve turned into. They use the cloud edge app, which serves my purposes for what I need those cams to do.

I think the tech is almost there, but we have to accept larger battery size, along with somewhat better radios, which isn’t happening in a $30 something camera right now. And they both are running on two different, but very stable networks, so they aren’t hunting for sync.

I’m replacing one with a pan cam v3, mostly because the image quality is better and I can jury-rig a power connection to the one location and move the wireless to another location. A test of sorts.

I agree that WiFi isn’t ideal; it would be nice to have a new universal standard for wireless cam communications.

Their outdoor wireless PTZ is $150 at Costco, and it needs a solar panel which limits installation siting, nothing subtle about that. It isn’t a reasonable comparison, and that’s assuming the fake reviews aren’t there because they need to pay for fake reviews.

Replacing the WiFi with a good low-power radio improves range, data stability, and power consumption by orders of magnitude. I’m glad it happens to work for your needs, but it’s a [Mod edit] solution.

[Mod Edit] Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

No argument, though I paid around $110 for them.
It works for me because it’s not a critical application. More of just a look see thing where anyone with bad intent would have had to get by two cameras first. If I had a really critical use, I’d wire in POE cams with a DVR and remote backup. It’s as easy, or easier to run Cat5e to cams as it is to get USB power to them.

Numbered way points which can be called via trigger from any other camera.

1. Zoomed way points (which can also be called via trigger).

2. Tracking mode enabled by the og telephoto (or future telephoto camera).

If the telephoto is mounted to a pan cam, it moves to keep the telephoto motion Tracking on screen, until its out of view.

1 Like

Wyze pan v3

Wyze pan v3 Wish it had a built in battery so it can be used with solar panel or the ability to be recharged

Battery powered Outdoor camera w/pan

First wish! Can we please get a battery powered outdoor camera with pan and tilt function. I really think the ball was dropped with the Cam Pan V3 because it needed to be connected at all times.

I think it would be a great optional addition for the Pan V3, but I think the goal was to produce an inexpensive outdoor pan cam to start.

Adding a battery large enough to power a pan cam would add a lot to the cost and size. As @anebo33 asked, a battery with a solar panel would be perfect for many locations since outdoor cams are not always in a spot where you want to take them down to charge them. But I’d guess we’re coming up on doubling the cam price.

Just buy yourself a waterproof battery bank and a solar panel.
It will be large, but hey, if you want a battery-powered PT/V3 it would need a huge battery.

SuperCam - pack all features into one

Alright Wyze. So 2023 is going to be year of the camera. On the heels of upgrading WCO with color Starlight CMOS sensor, you’ve managed to launch…

1. A new Pan Cam that can be mounted upside down and is just darn right cool
  2. a 3x telephoto cam
  3. a new spotlight integrated cam

Why not take all this tech and combine into the mother of all outdoor cams? A WCOG² PanCam+.

I know, I know… The battery. Well I can tell you I have had 3 WCOs on your solar panels for a year now. None have had to be taken down to charge, even the one in high traffic area. THEY ALL STAY AT 100%!!

Keep the same WCO battery for a WCOG ² PanCam+ or put in a bigger one. Buyers know they might be going from 3-6 month battery life to probably half that. NBD because you could charge over $100 for this camera. But here is probably the best part. Let’s say it is a big drain on the battery, just offer a larger solar panel! Even the current size would probably keep an enhanced camera such as this going as long as a standard WCO would last. But a larger solar panel plus a super outdoor cam with all these other features would probably be fine and highly desirable

Think about it. You know you want to…

I’d love to seet a 4k version, local storage at a high framerate. You can do away with the IR as far as I’m concerned, the starlight sensor does GREAT!! I would also like a ZOOM lens (3-12x) would be great (3x-30x) would be better! maybe a optional DOME to mount the camera in. And as long as I’m dreaming some sort of monitor device that would let you view all your cameras from a single monitor or TV without playing games with a PC or TinyCam or rstp. Just something like a FIRESTICK or Roku device that just does the cameras. and if thats not enough a POE connection that actually conects the camera up to the internet where we can do away with spotty wifi.

4k higher frame rate
Zoom
Dome
Monitor
Hardwired internet (w/POE)

Do all this and I will replace all my existing cameras(12 cameras) on my NVR and the Wyse I just added (5 cameras)

I’m thinking of duct taping a OG Telephoto to a V3 PAN, Has anyone else tried?
Then hooking it up to one of my GOOLOO 4000A booster packs (enclosed in a suitable Zip-Loc bag). :slight_smile:
/edit
What happens when the V3 pan can’t close?

I believe @R.Good has done this.

I’ve seen 4 or 5 people stack an OG telephoto cam on top or to the side of a Pan V3. I ran a quick search to link you to one of the examples, but they didn’t pull up for me easily.

As I recall, it works okay, though it can strain the pan tilt motor some. Most people I saw didn’t use duct tape, but some other kind of adhesive solution (double-sided tape, some kind of glue, etc…I didn’t pay close attention).

If you end up trying it too, you should post a picture/video.

I used 3M squares and a Fabric glue in my tests both came off clean, but yes in a right side up and upside down orientation, there is a strain on the motor. These were only tests and I have since removed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the data point.
I was actually thinking of using 3M Scotch Extreme Fasteners.
And one of my prime uses is monitoring a tree lined driveway that is about 100’ long, so the camera does not get turned much.

2 Likes