Cam Pan v3 Ideas (E.g., outdoor rating, optical zoom, etc.)

Welcome to the community @stg130!
Your post was merged into this thread to keep similar requests in one group.

2 Likes

I agree, but perhaps Wyze could add value by providing some out-of-the-box features that other PTZs don’t? Such as AI, free recording, enhanced motion capture / follow with zoom, etc?

Any plans to launch an outdoors PTZ cam soon?

4 Likes

It would be great if Wyze offered a Solar powered outdoor wifi PTZ camera option like reolink and some other companies.

4 Likes

Any plans to create and add a PTZ Dome Camera to the products … similar to the Foscam PTZ cameras?

Also any update for Apple HomeKit?

3 Likes

I’m thinking the cam pan outdoor would be awesome

2 Likes

I agree, I would love a waterproof pan cam.

1 Like

In for this again to keep the idea fresh. It’s what I’m holding out for. Even though my home is fenced, it is large and I have too many blind spots on the eastern and western sides of my home to put 1 cam on each side. I’d need 2 for clearest coverage or 1 very high up (so motion detection wouldn’t be great) so I’d like to put a camera that can at least patrol or that I can move if needs be. I don’t mind if it is wired but solar + battery would be awesome.

2 Likes

Awesome idea

I like the idea of an outdoor PTZ, I once sent some videos of my gardens to family members. I thought that a PTZ web cam would be great for them the long on and scan through my yard whenever they want, I also envisioned PTZ pavilions in nature areas and historic sites. People would log on to a camera from wherever then PTZ the scenery. Of course there would have to be a lot of cameras. Currently available cameras are bulky and expensive. It would be great if Wyze could come up with a PTZ in the Wyze Cam Outdoor form factor.

3 Likes

It isn’t difficult to find outdoor pan/tilt cameras for under $50 on Amazon, but while I have two of those, I can’t speak to the quality as yet. (I’ve been waiting for both cooler weather and time to install either. The former is here, but the latter is being taken up by more pressing projects that were also waiting for the former).

I bought a cheap one and it worked okay. But I really like Foscam! Nice, solid camera and great app interface. Solid picture and sound, good night vision.

No, not the cheapest!

An outdoor pan / tilt camera. Powered by solar or USB.

[Mod edit]. This request will be merged with an existing wish list item for an outdoor pan tilt camera. Please search the wish list and roadmap sections of the forum for existing requests.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/outdoor-pan-tilt-zoom-camera/94476?u=omgitstony

1 Like

V3 camera with pan abilty

V3 camera is great for outdoor viewing at night. Would like the ability to do panning the whole front yard. Currently using V2 with pan. V3 or later version with pan ability would make this the Cadilac of all outdoor cameras. The best of all worlds!

[Mod edit]. Merging this wishlist request with an existing wishlist item. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Would be really cool if you guys had an outdoor Wyze Cam Pan.

2 Likes

Hopefully its quieter than my two Pan Cam V2s… Any movement of the Pan Cam V2’s would scare any wildlife away and/or alert any ‘intruder’ of the camera’s presence

I can’t believe how LOUD the Pan Cam V2 is when they move.

SJ

Status on this?

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pan/rotating adapter for all other cameras. (New Product)

I would love to have an outdoor Wyze Cam Pan. I would love to put one out to look in my yard for turtles and alligators. I go out every day looking to get photos/video of the gators and/or turtles swiming in the pond. It would be great to be able to see if in the pond before going out. Also like to check the yard before I take the dogs out. I currently just peek out the screen door before I open it to go out with them to make sure the coast is clear, but having a pan cam would be awesome!

2 Likes

If Wyze does this, they need to make sure it’s whisper quiet. If it’s as loud as my two Pan Cam V2’s, it’ll scare everything out of your Pond AND it’ll be clear in the area before you take your dogs out!

I’ve considered putting one of my Pan Cam V2’s on the ground level of a covered patio to see how my nightly run of Raccoons would react to it, but I don’t want to scare them off. Then again, the Rats and Mice the frequent the perimeter of the house… I would love for them to be scared off… hmmm, perhaps Wyze can make the AI recognize a RAT or MOUSE at ground level and emit an annoying noise to run them off…:slight_smile:

SJ

1 Like