Pan/rotating adapter for all other cameras. (New Product)

I could not find on road map or Wishlist.

I have a young child and in this work from home world even more than before I use the pan cam to check in on him as my fiance and I are in the basement working.
I would love to have the ability to pan my other cameras.
I believe because the rotating motor is built into the pan cam you could offer a rotating mounting base.
Even if it could only do horizontal panning it would give much flexibility.
In fact as an add on you could move it from cam to cam or buy one for each cam.

[Mod Edit] Title Edited for Search Clarity

Welcome to the Wyze community @datascott1
It’s is an interesting idea. Why not just use the Wyze Cam Pans? Would this be used update existing cameras?
I don’t know if Wyze would do it because of the low price point on the Pan cameras, but still cool!

Also, don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist item!

First yes you are correct I have 3 other cameras before the pan.
But I think the more important business reason is the low cost of micro servo motors should make this an inexpensive but profitable accessory.
Additionally the newer product line such as the outdoor cam and the V3 are not offered yet in a pan version and I believe it is a better concept / option to put at least the horizontal pan in the base or mounting base rather than the camera housing. That offers a pan and possibly tilt version for the entire line.
The outdoor cameras when used in conjunction with pan /tilt options because a more powerful resource for motion detection and facial recognition in terms of security.
The line of products are awesome I am an early adopter of the outdoor cam but have been a very strong supporter of the products after picking up my first one at home depot. They are priced such that you can put multiple cameras so pan may not be as important to some.

But I think it takes an incredible product to the next level. Sorry for the book…

Thank you,
Scott Southern

1 Like

It would be a great option as the v3 is already rated for outdoor and would make the functionality just that much more versatile

I like the idea of having a v3 pan, with the additional spotlight it would be a sort of searchlight haha.

Wyze Cam Outdoor Pan, Tilt, Zoom mod. I have added a radio controlled camera pan and tilt device to my WCO. With the zoom from the tablet by using the finger spread motion on the screen, I now have Pan, Tilt and Zoom on my Wyze Cam Outdoor. The drawback is the pan and tilt device is not weatherproof, however it works great under the carport. The pan and tilt device is not an expensive one but it does serve its purpose.

[Mod Note]: Your post, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

1 Like

Ring make an add-on pan and tilt for their static cam - works well. What did you use for the Wyze Cam?
Les

1 Like

I bought from Amazon.

Mcoplus YT-260 Video Motorized Pan Head, Remote Control Motorized Pan Tilt Head for Phones, WiFi Camera, Wireless Lens, Action Cameras, Mirrorless Cameras (Limited Weight Under 260g) $54.00 There are several sellers using different names for what appears to be the same product. I just picked the one that delivered the soonest.

2 Likes

I want an Actuator frame to move camera

I would love to have a frame to put the camera in that has an actuator to move the camera. Right now I have to climb a ladder and manually reposition the camera if I want to move it. There are many times I would like to see to the left or right.

[Mod Note]: Your post, associated replies and votes were merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

I posted earlier about a remote control camera mount that works for me like that. Check out my posts from April 8. Maybe something like that will work for you.

Camera Mounts

How about a separate mount with motion sensors that can rotate the older cameras? Camera could plug into the mount for power.

I was looking for motion activated and it plugs into an outside outlet so it will follow whatever is moving. Thanks