Buzzing noise

Hi, i have five V3 cameras. I love them. But on 2 of them i get a buzz sound when viewing the live stream through my Android app. I dint hear the buzz in the room where the camera is located. I don’t think its the 5v wall adapter. One camera is plugged in to a 5v 5amp USB port on a power strip. The other used the supplied wall adapter. I tried restarting the cameras with no luck. Any ideas?

I am so happy I found this! For a while I thought the sound was coming from my outlet and I ended up turning my breaker off worried something had come loose. Finally realized it was the camera, so glad I didnt end up calling an electrician :woman_facepalming:t2:.

See my pic above…I turned those off on my phone’s Sound settings and the noise went away.

This is an old post, but I’m having this issue now with a v3. It has a varying pitch humming noise and starts with a repetitive clicking sound then gradually to the humming. Its loud enough to hear when walking into a room. Also, the cam will not turn on anymore. I tried 3 different appropriate bricks and cords. No luck. Any other suggestions?

My V3 just started to make a static type buzz. Also loud enough to hear in the room. Then the camera stopped and is offline. I found another 5V brick laying around from some other toy or device and tried that. Back online with no buzz.

Susan, I just put the original WYZE adapter back on and instant buzzing. Put the substitute back on and quiet/online. So definitely the 5 V adapter. When I checked the voltage on the USB side of the WYZE adapter it was 2.8 volts so a failure of that device.

Suggest you go to a computer store or maybe Best Buy and get a 5V 2.1 amp adapter. The camera only needs 1 amp so anything over 1 amp should be fine. Good luck.

Thanks for responding. I have tried multiple 5v 3 amp Bricks, as well as a few different wyze Bricks from my other cams. I get instant buzz as soon as electric current connects. No lights now either. I think it’s dead…although I’ve thought that in the past and they somehow revive themselves!

I have 6 Cam V3’s and 2 Pan Cam V3’s in operation, and I’m almost certain that every one of the power bricks packaged with them - spanning purchases from Oct '22 to Jun '23 - makes a constant electronic buzzing sound. It sounds exactly like a miniature version of a high voltage power line transformer. While it’s definitely a QA issue, I don’t think it’s a safety concern since so many other kinds of products make the same sort of buzzing noise in their voltage regulating circuitry (TVs, LED bulbs, PC power bricks, etc). Unfortunately it’s just one of those things that low-cost adapters do.

Some people are more sensitive to the sound than others. I’ve always been able to hear most TVs from totally different areas of someone’s house, even with the volume off, just because I can recognize the particularly irritating electrical buzz that many of them make. Most other people can stand right beside the TV and don’t notice the buzzing noise, even if I ask them specifically to listen for it.

Side note: there are other reasons the devices themselves may be making noise, but this post was clearly referring to the DC adapter buzzing, which again is very typical.