Bumblebee Sighting

Just lingering but didn’t ring the doorbell…

11 Likes

The way it was throwing its butt around, i was almost reaching for the singles… (ugh, sorry… sounded like some red-neck)… I do love bumble bees… i miss the big guys…

Nice!

2 Likes

Thats interesting how its wings look, must be something with the cams shutter speed and the frequency that it moves its wings.

4 Likes

I agree KyGuy2002.

1 Like

I just LOVE bumble Bees… the nice, big fat, hairy bumble bee… last one i saw was when i went to St Augustine… he was awesome… he climbed into this flower, and his weight sent the end of the flower almost tot he ground… he went from one to the other, and my wife and I watched him the entire time… he was lovely… back in the UK they were all over… bet thats not the case now, the collapse of them, and other bee’s is alarming… Thanks for sharing that video… if he happens to come back, love to see more videos…

1 Like

Wow, I am impressed the camera caught this things wings as many times as it did. Bumble bees flap their wings at a rate of 230 beats per second, which should make them virtually invisible here, but the Wyze cam still caught the wings as many as 8 times per wing in a single frame at 20fps:

That’s pretty cool.

2 Likes