Bulk set vacation mode and shortcut

It would be helpful to set multiple and/or all products to vacation mode with a single tap and then disable vacation mode with one tap. A quick action on my phone’s home screen would be ideal. To enable vacation mode it’s currently 2-3 taps per product. It would be a huge time saving and peace of mind to reliably know that the desired devices are enabled. There’s also no indicator on the main screen that shows which items are currently in vacation mode. I’ve forgotten to turn off vacation mode for a couple products until it turns on in the middle of a movie. A geofense option for a notification asking to disable vacation mode or a geofense to automatically disable it would be great.

Which products have vacation mode?

I think just the bulbs currently

1 Like

…and Wyze Plugs.

I agree, I like the idea of a visual icon or indicator that a bulb (or plug) is in vacation mode.

The vacation mode action is listed on this wishlist (I also wish scheduled rules would allow more than one action):

Geofence trigger is here:

I am in the same boat, manually switching vacation mode on and off is pretty time consuming. Going into each individual light or plug take more time than I’d like. Even integrating an assistant command of “turn vacation mode on for all devices” or off would be helpful. I’m the same way forgetting to turn it off and waking me up when it randomly turns on and I have to go through and turn them all off again.

The other option would be scheduling vacation mode. Kind of similar to scheduling away temperatures in the thermostat system.

Yes. I have to go into each of my devices separately to switch all plugs and lights into vacation mode. Would like this to be an option to set up a routine either in the wyze app and/or with alexa (Along with all of the other smart home settings I change when I’m out of town.)

Wyze plugs placed in a group allows vacation mode to be turned on/off for the entire group; however, they all turn on and off simultaneously while in vacation mode, making it obvious that it’s automated and that no one is home. As a result, I still go into each plug individually and toggle vacation mode on (it’s fine to bulk turn off vacation mode at the plug group level when no longer needed). My recommendation would be to mimic turning vacation mode on at the individual plug level when turning the whole plug group’s vacation mode to on. That way, each plug will turn on/off while in vacation mode independent of the other plugs in the same group. This mimics more closely that someone is actually home.