Basic Functionality Still Not Here?

ok, so some of these have been mentioned here before but I’ll attempt to go into a bit more detail.

#1 is currently in Beta. upon receiving and viewing a 12 second clip, at your leisure during the clip you can jump from the clip you are viewing to that specific time on the sd card ( the full recording) with the current setup the 12 second clips are a necessity as they are utilized for the notification itself. its best to think of the clips as flags for where to look on the SD card for events.

#2 utilizing an Sd card you can download a full event directly to your device. using the playback feature (Playback views the sd card directly, not the 12 second cloud clips) you are able to view the event that was recorded. pressing record when you want to begin the “download” to your device and being able to stop it at will would typically be more useful to the masses especially if there is continued movement in the frame and the recording continues. by doing it this way as opposed to downloading one complete event you can effectively trim the video you want without the need for a third party video editor.

#3 Im a bit confused by what you mean here so please correct me if my deduction is wrong.

you stated

im guessing when you view your event clips you then find all the viewed clips in your media library? if this is the case this is actually through the fault of your phone and not the Wyze app. depending on your settings your media library finds all videos, even those in the cache of the apps ( which is needed to see the videos) this is something almost all apps do. its pretty much SOP.

cache video storage explained by a moderator here

so depending on your device you would be able to remove those from your library. maybe even an automatic cache clearing app would help you with that. I had the same issue at first so I feel that annoyance, I was able to fix them in my settings. no more clip folder for every clip I view. and again upon viewing the clip you will be able to jump to the full event and save exactly the amount of event you want from the sd card directly to your device.

and because it’s been a year since you posted. WELCOME BACK. its great to have people return and bring valid concerns. I hope some of this information helps.

2 Likes