App Dark Theme/Mode

Don’t let them chase you out of there. Return and become the KING of BACEFOOK! Then you can harass algorithmically all those who have wronged you Wyze wise (& otherwise.) :wink:

Darkness? What darkness?

Also, I agree somewhat. There is definitely a reason. It may not be difficulty considering it’s been three years and all. There is probably something other that difficulty withholding them from releasing a more pleasing interface. Don’t know what it is, though.

Eyes burned,
– Fishy

2 Likes

Funnily enough, this reply I made went through a moderation process where the STAFF REVIEWED IT.

What’s happening? Are they intentionally ignoring what could increase sales?

Sorry to flood notifications,
– Fishy

Well, the least they could do would be to sell at cost + 10% a quality pair of properly tinted eye-friendly shades. :sunglasses: Now those would sell out in a New York minute.

As I expect you know, Mods and Mavens are just plain schmoes like us - schmoes with privileges, but still schmoes. :wink:

Schmoe (or less),
-peep

:nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:
researching…

I found a solution other than using third party apps like tiny cam pro.

I bought 50 Wyze LED lights and bought multiple lamps to put them in. All 50 are in the bedroom. I leave them on 100% at night when I sleep (automated of course). Now when I wake I’m utterly blinded by the light, but as such when I open the app it feels very dark and hard to see (similar to checking app at high noon in the middle of the Sahara).

This has solved the issue of being blinded by the app in the middle of the night. Granted I’m struggling to sleep at all, and my wife left to stay at in-laws until lights are removed, so this solution isn’t really for everyone…

2 Likes

Brilliant! :sun_with_face:

I suppose that can work. The issue then would be a hard time sleeping. Don’t forget about the price, too.

Also, I don’t think we should be looking for a way around an accessibility issue. The problem is with Wyze, not us. I’ll attempt to email Wyze about this lack of communication issue later. Don’t quite have the time to do so at the moment.

Hopefully this goes somewhere,
— Fishy

1 Like

Fishy, look forward to hearing if you even get a response!.. Im about at the end of my rope. They have made me start looking at other brands as prices seem to have come down, and most other apps are tuned for night eyes.

PeepPeep, the FB harassment wasnt worth my time and energy. Leaving seemed the best statement - but worry not, i didnt do it politely!

V3 is what “Gwendolyn” told me back about 2½ trips around the sun ago… she also told me they cant just change type and background because its hard coded into every view.

They started off with an obsolete app development platform and have been married to it ever since…which is why i tried to warn them way back that they will only dig a deeper hole.

Welcome to the center of the earth.

Keep on 'nudging…

3 Likes

Remembered I could vote and realized I got the topic to 1200 votes!

Not like it matters, though. Still haven’t gotten around to eMailing Wyze about this. I wonder if they would take notice if everyone who viewed this topic voted for it?

Guess this is a sort of bump,
– Fishy

4 Likes

I just checked the topic and see I have 41 posts over the near 2½ years Ive been begging for Dark Mode…

I even switched phones for the newer version of Android with DarkMode in Dev Mode - unfortunately developer mode broke a lot of the other apps I use on a daily basis so I had to turn it off.

Again the silence is deafening

[mod edit: link to unrelated product removed]

3 Likes

Back here… again.

I wonder if disco bot has the answer to what will happen?

Will we get dark mode?
@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: As I see it, yes

Still no dark mode… Come on Wyze…

Nope… But for $100 per year you can now have a desktop version…

[mod edit: link to unrelated product removed]

Please consider adding dark mode.

1 Like
1 Like

Would like to see a dark mode in the app.

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved from a beta topic to this #wishlist request for better visibility since it involves a software enhancement by Wyze. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

2 Likes

Dark mode would be greatly appreciated for both the mobile app, and for full screen mode while viewing a group via Live Stream on a browser.

2 Likes

Like many others I would love this feature. There is nothing worse than being woke up in the middle of the night, needing to check a camera, then bring blinded by the white app.

I literally use the app as a flashlight sometimes because it’s easier to activate than the actual flashlight on my phone!

3 Likes

yes, me too, it’s the only app i have that not DARK. it blinds me when i have to use it. and it’s not that hard to implement.

1 Like