Android VS iOS

I have both and iOS and Android devices. I use Wyze on both. Other than the delayed notification on the Android devices, I was wondering if one device is better than the other for use with Wyze.

Asking because I noticed that the Home Monitoring System has one statement in the Learn More area “Critical Alerts (for iOS)”. Is HMS primarily for iOS?

Thanks

I also have both, and have for a couple years. The Android is primary (I HATE my @#$%& iPhone). Over time, there have been times that one worked far better than the other. A while back Wyze stopped using hardware acceleration on Android, and it almost made it useless - until that was fixed. For the past couple months my iPhone can hardly ever actually connect to a camera. Recently that has improved - at least sometimes I can connect with the iPhone
So which I use depends on what works that month…

My Primary device is an Android as well. Other than the delayed notification issues with Android, It has been working for me. I am trying to figure out why the HMS has a line item which indicates Critical Alerts (for iOS). Does that mean Android will not get Critical Alerts?

Apparently these are exceptions to Do Not Disturb mode and iOS is a lot more picky about this than Android.

Critical alerts are notifications that appear even when your iPhone or iPad is in Do Not Disturb mode or silenced. These include notifications with crucial information about weather emergencies or important health alerts from connected devices.

How Do Critical Alerts work?

Apple’s iOS 12 introduced critical alerts along with several other notification enhancements. They cannot be silenced because they contain essential information you need to be aware of. Weather, health, and security apps might generate a critical alert notification, for example. Like standard notifications, you need to opt in to receive them.

Compare:

1 Like

That’s good to know. Appreciate the information.