Allow Longer Continuous Viewing of Live Stream

I use Wyze Cam as a baby monitor, but the app crashes to the home screen on my iPhone after a few hours while I’m sleeping. It would be nice to be able to continuously monitor the live stream on a device for at least 12 hours.

1 Like

This issue should have been fixed for iOS a while ago. What specific version of iOS and Wyze app are you running? Also, which camera and specific firmware version does it have?

(Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.)

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I emailed support and they said it was still an issue and recommended posting here.
It’s an iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.2
Wyze app v2.5.53
Wyze Cam v2 Firmware 4.9.4.169

Just curious, did you provide logs to them via the app when you contacted support? I could have sworn this had been resolved already.

@mavens, any input?

I did not submit logs. I contacted them through email, not through the app.

I’m very surprised they didn’t ask to submit them. Hopefully, someone on here with an iOS device can give you a tip.

As far as using the Wyze cams for an all night baby monitor, I do not recommend it. The cams are great to monitor during the day for things like baby naps and watching the kids to make sure they’re okay. I have noticed that there have been several issues posted about the Wyze cams turning off during the night. Therefore, this is the main reason I suggest using a real baby monitor designed especially for over night monitoring. Not a solution, but I hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: There are several baby monitors on Amazon to choose from that provides sound and video.

Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio - High Capacity Battery Baby Camera, Video Baby Monitor with Two-Way Audio, Lullaby Player, Night Vision, Up to 960ft Range https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XNZC7W8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3zJLDbCT4ASH8

1 Like

I agree with everyone above, Wyze is not a good choice for baby monitors. All the posts I have seen showing how to use them as baby monitors involve some kind of kludge to keep the feed on and accessible for long periods of time.

You need something that uses a PC not a tablet for a monitor. The reason is simple. No Phone or tablet with a lithium ion battery is designed or meant for long term continuous use. While it can and does work it’s not exactly safe. Fire risk is fairly high and screen burn in is a concern.

3 Likes

I am not sure of the limitation of using the WYZE app through an iOS or Android device using the WYZE app but I do know the Google Home and Echo Show (think that is what its called, I don’t use it) are limited through Google and Amazon (in my belief so you buy Ring and Nest which aren’t bound to the limitation). That is why I don’t recommend them as a 24/7 baby monitor but they work good for checking in from time to time.

We were able to make it so that you can stream for longer periods of time with iOS. The problem happens if you’re streaming with audio (which is, of course, what you’re going to be doing when using it as a baby monitor). This has been a super stubborn problem to fix and we’re sorry. It’s still on our radar but I can’t promise when this will be further improved.

2 Likes

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the reply.

You’re welcome. I’m sorry I didn’t have happier news for you (yet).

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen Any news on this in March 2022? Sometimes our iPhones monitor the cams for hours and hours. Other times, the Wyze app doesn’t keep the screen and phone from sleeping/auto-locking past its 5-minute setting, so we have to temporarily change the Auto Lock setting to “Never” in order to keep monitoring Wyze. There doesn’t seem to be an clear pattern to why and when the app can keep the phone from sleeping.

1 Like