Allow Floor Lamp to remember its last on/off state

Currently the Wyze Floor Lamp bulb is off when first plugged into power. Because of this it can’t be used with a smart plug. Is there any chance a firmware update will provide an option to change this behavior so that it is on when the smart switch powers on? Thanks!

I’m not sure if your request is possible as the Floor Lamp is not a smart IOT device, nor is it WiFi-connected. To further complicate the issue, I believe the inline power switch logic is restrictive, meaning the power state logic of exising customer lamps can’t simply be enhanced via a firmware or app update pushed from the cloud. Wyze has some innovative minds though, so I’ll vote for your idea.

Many devices remember their state when power is off, this could have been achieved and is so important considering the lamp cannot be controlled via Alexa. I wanted to be able to tell Alexa to turn everything off and on via Alexa, and while I can add a smart plug to turn it off, if I turn it back on everything BUT the lamp will come on. This kind of thing shocks me that almost every other product Wyze makes can be controlled with Alexa except the floor lamp.