Logging out via Wyze should also log users out of auth.wyze.com. Currently, if click the logout link and return to Account – Wyze I am redirected around and logged back into my account without needing to authenticate.
Hmmm, just logged in and out three times and each time I had to enter the code from Google Authenticator.
Same here. Everytime I logout, I am required to use my 2FA to get back in
I am also forced to log back in after logging out of www.wyze.com
If I could get Live stream - Wyze to load I would test that… But:
Yes, there does seem to be some interaction between
- Login to
- Login at
- Logout at
- Login at
During that fourth step, I am brought right back to my Wyze account without having to reauthenticate.
Yes, there does appear to be a mismatched relationship.
- Logged out of both sites and confirmed.
- Logged into services.wyze.com, returned to home tab and closed browser.
- Opened www.wyze.com and it appeared I was logged out. Pressed the login and it did not ask for login authentication but took me directly to my account.
- Logged out of www.wyze.com, returned to home tab and closed browser.
- Returned to www.wyze.com and pressed login. It required a new login, which I did not do. Returned to home tab and closed browser.
- Relaunched services.wyze.com and I was still logged in.
I repeated the order by logging out of both then logging into www.wyze.com first, closing, and then launching services.wyze.com. it also showed me as logged out but bypassed login and entered my account.
It appears that the Login Credentials are universally applied but the logout command is site specific.
We’re looking into this! Thank you very much. Looks like this isn’t currently behaving as we expect.
Very good catch!
Alright! Please give this a try. It should be resolved now.
@WyzeGwendolyn Same behavior still. Are you sure it is fully deployed?
I’ll report this! Thank you!
Okay, so we had thought your submission was about a cache issue.
The platform we use doesn’t allow for the universal logout you’re requesting. But we’ll keep an eye out for opportunities! Because it isn’t currently feasible with our tools, we’re moving this request to probably-not.