Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

PLEASE!! Please please!!! Oh please Wyze can you add the ability to add the fan option “auto” and “on” to a schedule block? I like to have the fan run continuous during the day (ON), and on AUTO during sleep. Right now I have to manually turn this on and off every day which is NOT SMART!!! This would be a simple addition and make a huge difference. It doesn’t get your attention though in the wishlist forum as there aren’t enough users to upvote it compared to all the camera users. But I garantee you, anyone with your thermostat wants this. Ecobee, Nest, etc have had it for ages already. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

1 Like

Here is my situation. I currently have a dehumidifier that runs on a schedule via a Wyze plug. What I was hoping was that instead, I could use a Wyze room sensor to detect humidity and trigger the Wyze plug to turn on/off at a desired humidity. Is this possible?

Notification after Location Trigger fires

Is there a way to turn on notifications for location triggers? Not turning on or off notifications for all devices, just if a location trigger fires.

I want to be notified if a trigger happens, so I don’t have to manually check to see if the devices state has been changed.

I receive low battery notifications for my sensors. It shouldn’t be an issue to have them sent when a trigger fires.

1 Like

Make Wyze bulb blink continuously until stopped manually or timed instead of just blinking four (4) times.

I see that the Wyze bulb has a “blink” feature. I had an idea to make the Wyze bulb “blink/flash” red when I added a “panic” rule that would sound an alarm (siren) on my cameras and make my bulbs blink non stop but when trying the rule out today, I found out it only blinks four (4) times :confused: .

1 Like

You can do that manually with a time lapse I think.

Would like to see a shortcut to open not just close the garage so it can be set up as a rule. Something as simple as moving the controller button that appears in the camera screen and allow that button to be a rule or a stand alone device.

Also interested in seeing something like using the keypad for the lock also be able to be used on the garage door so if I don’t have my phone I can open it with the keypad.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Use keypad to open garage door with garage controller.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Triggers for Wyze Rules

Siren should trigger notification to smartphone

It would be nice if when the siren goes off that users get a notification or similar alarm on their phone so they are aware that the siren has been triggered. Otherwise right now there is no way of knowing if the siren is actually on or off.

1 Like

Rules should include “while home monitoring is on” as a time choice

I set up a Rule for my cameras to activate the siren when a person is detected outside. I expected to have the option under the Time area to choose while Home Monitoring is ON but it only has days and time ranges to choose. I’m left with having to go in to each rule and Enable or Disable the Rules every time I set the alarm system. This is a major inconvenience.

If you have Wyze Home Monitoring you can use the climate sensors to check humidity levels and trigger a Wyze Plug.

Same feature for the Siren in multiple cameras. Turn on for user-defined X minutes unless motion detected inside home.

LOCK the Wyze Lock or Bolt to reduce further intrusion.

Using defined “alarm only” chime selection. Example of chime is normally a doorbell but in the event of an alarm being triggered the chime can be used as a siren of sorts.

I would love to see better rules for lock bolt. Including the ability to select different times each day to auto lock. Example: M-F auto lock at 8a and 10p, Sa-Su auto lock at 11p.

Agree. I depend greatly on the sirens feature.

Wyze Floodlight Pro

I just installed the brand new Wyze Floodlight Pro. I can use a rule from other cams detecting motion, person, vehicle, etc. And opened or closed sensors, to turn on the Floodlight… But then what? How do I turn it back off?

There is no Action option for “Turn on for” X minutes. And when turned on by rules or manually it does not respect the Auto Detection timer (which it shouldn’t).

The floodlight also has a brightness control. There are no actions to control the brightness level when turned on by a rule. Oddly, Alexa Routines have this ability, and it works, but Wyze Rules don’t?

So I looked for a way to have another rule turn off the floodlight automatically after X minutes. But wait… There is also no trigger option for “Has been on for” X minutes so it can turn itself off by rules. (Posting that in the More Triggers #wishlist thread)

Solution: Alexa Routine to Trigger when the floodlight comes on with a Wait action set to 5 minutes and another action to turn the floodlight off. Note… I have the Floodlight set for only a 3 minute delay upon Person Detection so it won’t conflict. Tested and works. BTW, the floodlight can be turned on and off and the brightness set by Alexa Voice Command.

3 Likes

Great point about this missing either the “Has been on for X minutes” trigger or " Turn on for X minutes" action. Hopefully the rules engine team sees your suggestion, or maybe @WyzeHongfei can pass on that feedback to try to get it added since that is an option on the previous floodlight and other spotlights (like the V3Pro) in rules. It would make sense to update that to work for this new FLPro too. Hopefully this is one of the other upcoming features Hongfei was hinting at in his AMA when he said they were still looking to add to specific other features to this in the near future.
Nice catch SlabSlayer.

Also, if you read this Honfei, I hope you read the next comment too! This would be a great, useful update to the FLPro too:

2 Likes

I’d like to have another Rule Action added to this list please ( @Rulwiz came up with the idea and I agree):

• Floodlight Pro Motion Warning On
  • Floodlight Pro Motion Warning Off

The reason I don’t currently use the Motion Warning is because it is too annoying to have on when I am home and using my own property (in the backyard, in the driveway, front of my house, anything). What this rule addition would do for me/us is allow me to have it come on just at certain times of the day OR even better, only when my HMS is armed. It would give people the flexibility of choosing a schedule or to match their HMS status (or maybe even only when it is armed as Away). This would make the Motion warning useful instead of annoying us when we are just taking out the garbage or playing basketball in our driveway or whatever else. That would be awesome. I hope it is highly considered.

Thanks for the idea of how to make this something I would really like to use Rulwiz :+1:

2 Likes

Agree. I need the ability to set a rule for a location trigger to OPEN the garage door. Seems odd it’s not an option when CLOSE is an option.

Ability to set a delay between two actions in a shortcut

I want the ability to set a delay between two actions on a shortcut. I have lawn care people come to the house to work at no fixed time or day and they trip all of my cameras. I want the ability to tap a shortcut to have all my cameras turn off, then DELAY 30 minutes (time should be programmable), then turn the cameras back on.

2 Likes

In the meantime, something you can do, is “Snooze” notifications for a set amount of time. I believe you can do this by clicking on the notifications themselves, or in the app you can press this bell icon to choose how long to snooze the notifications for:

The benefit of Snoozing is that it will allow your cameras to continue to record the lawn care people while they are on your property, in case you need to review the footage later for some reason (see who did something or where something got misplaced, etc), while still not having to deal with the annoying push notifications constantly while they are there.

Wrong area. I want to actually turn of cameras, then snooze, then turn cameras back on. I wish this delay factor you have identified in notifications was available for this.