Add More Triggers for Wyze Rules

Hi,

I am using the Wyze Thermostats in a commercial building. I would like the fans to run while the business is open for air circulation and filtration. Could we add a way to schedule the fan to be “On” when we build our schedule?

Another solution would be to expose the fan control to the Google Home app (or other smart-hub apps folks use) so be able to use the actions/routines there to turn the fan to “On” or to “Auto” at certain times.

i would like automation to allow:
If the garage door is told to close, also turn off the lights
my use case, When I close my garage doors, I want the lights to turn off also so I can close up my shop with one simple shortcut

I use Wyze Cams (a mixture of V3 and V3 Pro) for remote monitoring / security in places that have so mains power. The camera’s are powered by big All Powers Power Station type batteries and while they last about 8 days it would be handy if there was a rule that could detect if a camera had gone offline for a period of time to turn on another that’s sitting turned off / on standby on a different battery.

Another vote for being able to schedule night vision on/off at specific times of day. My cameras cannot detect sunrise or sunset very well and continuously switch back and forth between night and day vision when set to the auto setting.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

A post was merged into an existing topic: Add More Actions for Wyze Rules

I will like the notification to be done by a sensor to be a trigger for a rule.

That is if door sensor opens and notification for that sensor is on then turn on the cameras siren.

For triggers to be deployed and useful, devices need to remain online; I have a variety of cameras and other wyze devices and none remain consistently connected such that they even pretend to operate as advertised… all the new triggers in the world will be as useless as the existing triggers when the camera or other device is offline. Wyze has demonstrated an attitude of indifference to this problem by continuing to release new products that are no better than the old products at maintaining reliable connection to the network. The strategy of white labeled hardware with “custom” firmware only makes senses if the hardware is high quality (but wyze just uses lowest cost Chinese junk) and/or fails to create adequate firmware for said hardware and uses a third rate android software to control (assume ios is equally poorly designed) the hardware. New triggers would be great, if the hardware and software actually performed consistently at a level that made the triggers useful. Adding more clutter to an existing mess probably makes everything work less well. Priority should be fully functioning products that remain connected in real world environment and reconnect automatically and properly whenever glitches occur, then adding useful triggers to automate the control of the connected devices.

It has been a long time since this thread was started. Are any of these actually going to be implemented? Personally, I need the garage controller triggers. I bought into Wyze for my “complete” automation system, but this is preventing me from reaching that.

I would love to be able to automate when a switch is turned it it sends me a notification. So I know the time it was turned on.

If there’s a possibility to charge for the feature, maybe gets implemented. Otherwise, history says the odds of wyze fixing problems, even ones that render equipment unusable (sensors v1), are close to zero.

Hardware gets released with promised features and functionality. Soon features require subscription. But problems don’t get fixed. Integration of wyze products doesn’t exist. Hot new upgraded hardware gets released, hyped. Lather rinse repeat.

Wyze seem ultimately in over their heads. Hardware is mostly super cheap Chinese crap. The custom firmware is just to interface with the garbage app. Hardware simply will not remain connected to the app. Is it the app or the firmware? Doesn’t matter, it doesn’t get fixed.

If the hardware works now with desired features will probably continue working unless they can charge for features. If expecting some Future upgrade, to deliver a feature you need, don’t hold your breath waiting.

Wyze Floodlight Pro

The only triggers available for the Wyze Floodlight Pro are Motion and AI Detection Triggers.

This is not just a cam but a Smart Light too. If the light is turned on manually or by another rule, there is no way to automatically trigger it off by a rule unless you use another device as a trigger.

Add triggers for the lighting as well:

• Floodlight Turns On
  • Floodlight Turns Off
  • Floodlight has been on for (x minutes)
3 Likes

I have smart plugs in front of most of devices. This lets me power cycle devices remotely. I’d like to be able to write a rule or an IFTTT applet to automate this when a device goes offline (which happens way too often).

[Mod edit] See also Offline/loss of communication notification.

Rules->Schedules->Mins before Sunset (larger range)

When creating a Rules Schedule using “Mins before Sunset”, the android app limits the entry to a value from 0-59. Please allow a larger range of minutes (e.g. 0-600) or support Hours:Mins. This would help in areas that are in a valley, a forest, a dark location, or a far end of a time zone.

Applies to: Before & After, Sunrise & Sunset.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Shortcuts and Rules with multiple if/and/or conditional triggers

Also need Trigger to return floodlight to previous state (Ambient Light On, for example)

SJ

2 Likes

Garage Door Controller Open/Close Event Trigger

I would love to have the ability to use the open/close events of the garage door controller as a trigger to execute other events.

Scenario: My front driveway contains two cameras and a Wyze Doorbell and alerts me to people at the front door, packages, etc. However, when my kids a playing outside, I get bombarded with notifications that there are people in my driveway.

Previously, I had an entry sensor on the garage door that would turn notifications off for the cameras in the front when the door opened and turn them back on when the door closed, avoiding unnecessary notifications. Unfortunately, I’ve found that I’m not able to do that with the garage door controller.

I’ve created a shortcut to turn off notifications for those cameras and a scheduled action to turn them back on at the end of the day, but I almost always end up missing packages and people coming to my door if I forget to manually re-enable before the scheduled action.

It probably comes down to relying on the QR code to tell if the door is opened or closed, instead of a sensor of some kind (which I would actually prefer), so the triggers might not be instantaneous. But even if the action occurred a few seconds later once the camera realized the door had been opened or closed, I think that would still be OK. I know the logic is there. I would just like to see it applied more broadly.

• Change Floodlight Control (Auto/On/Off)
    I know this is already listed on the wishlist, but I would like to also request that it be added to available rules for the floodlights. I set my lights to stay on from sunset until 10pm. After that I want them to switch back to auto mode and turn on with motion detection for the rest of the night. Currently the only option is to manually switch them back to AUTO every night after they turn off.
    Other than that I really enjoy my floodlights.

I do not understand why the garage controller triggers do not already exist. There are notifications already for open/close and remained open. Why can’t you just hook these up to triggers? What’s the holdup?

3 Likes

Is any of this ever going to come or is it time to give up on Wyze?

1 Like