Ability to select time AND days of week for the event detection and notifications schedule

I would like a bit more control over the schedules that can be set for when my Wyze cams record events and notifies me!

At the moment the schedule allows us to choose specific time ranges for when the cameras should monitor for events. If we could also choose which days of the week (i.e Monday to Friday only) that would allow for more tailored monitoring and less unwanted notifications.

Thank you!

2 Likes

The scheduling interface in the camera settings is only very basic. However, this can already be accomplished by setting up Schedules in the Rules feature of the app. See this: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032409032-How-to-use-Rules. (Note that they support site is under revision. If the link doesn’t work, just search the support site for “Rules”.)

3 Likes

Are there any plans to add the day of the week to the scheduling interface? Seems odd this is only available through manually setting up rules…

Keeping in mind that I’m not a Wyze employee, I can only guess that they feel that since the ability is there via rules, they don’t plan on spending effort to modify the very basic schedule interface. To be honest, I’m kind of surprised that they didn’t just remove it entirely.